• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role fallen through, SC in limbo..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role fallen through, SC in limbo..

I was offered a role through Hays about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and they said my SC is being renewed and that the role is still solid.

Now, they won't even reply to my emails.

I have other opportunities but I have no idea what the status of my SC is. Hays won't talk to me, the DVA won't talk to me as they've changed their policies and can only deal with agents.

WTF am I supposed to do?

P

Bearing in mind it costs a couple of hundered pounds to go through SC and you have to be sponsored common sense would dictate that you are dead in the water. You have no sponsorship anymore and I am sure Hays would have stopped the process to avoid paying the cash.

Back to square one I would say.

EDIT : I notice you were the one that posted the link about Hays renewing your SC for a fee. Is this what you tried to do? Seems to be a coincidence. Linky

EDIT 2: I also notice you got finished for leaving a secret document out on display awhile ago. Have you had SC since then and did you ever look in to wether this breach will affect your ability to get SC in the future? Linky
    Last edited by northernladuk; 5 July 2010, 11:51.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Bearing in mind it costs a couple of hundered pounds to go through SC and you have to be sponsored common sense would dictate that you are dead in the water. You have no sponsorship anymore and I am sure Hays would have stopped the process to avoid paying the cash.

Back to square one I would say.

EDIT : I notice you were the one that posted the link about Hays renewing your SC for a fee. Is this what you tried to do? Seems to be a coincidence. Linky

EDIT 2: I also notice you got finished for leaving a secret document out on display awhile ago. Have you had SC since then and did you ever look in to wether this breach will affect your ability to get SC in the future? Linky
      What are you , stalking me?! :-)

To the first question, absolutely not. I was offered the role with the client and then filled out another questionnaire to get it renewed. After these gov cuts came in the role went silent, naturally.

To the second, no the document was not secret and no it did not go on my records. It was explained to me that this was more a political move than anything against me and we finished on reasonable terms.

Probably Hays stopped the process. However the fact that they won't get back to me and the fact that the DVA has (stupidly?) put all authority in the hands of agencies does not bode well for us at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post

To the first question, absolutely not. I was offered the role with the client and then filled out another questionnaire to get it renewed. After these gov cuts came in the role went silent, naturally.

To the second, no the document was not secret and no it did not go on my records. It was explained to me that this was more a political move than anything against me and we finished on reasonable terms.

Probably Hays stopped the process. However the fact that they won't get back to me and the fact that the DVA has (stupidly?) put all authority in the hands of agencies does not bode well for us at all.
        As regards the SC clarearance, assume that the one year rule still applies. You can opnly clear roles, not people, so no role no clearance.

I'm rather more concerned about DVA only talking to agencies. I will get that one followed up.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If thats true there is probably a libel case in that. Ruined reputation in your market place for a silly (and openly stated as) political move!
          I've absolutely no idea where you would get with it though.

Comment

Not stalking no , just recognised your name as I put together the SC sticky and remember your name coming up a few times.

I thought both might have been pertinent, particularly the one about Hays renewing SC clearance as Mal said this is a bit worrying and can't be right, especially after the furor on the Hays/SC thread.

Be interesting to see what Mal comes back with. I have my money on DVA only dealing with the sponsor but communication is through your agent which is normal maing it appear that the agent is dealing with your SC.

Comment

Not stalking no , just recognised your name as I put together the SC sticky and remember your name coming up a few times.

I thought both might have been pertinent, particularly the one about Hays renewing SC clearance as Mal said this is a bit worrying and can't be right, especially after the furor on the Hays/SC thread.

Be interesting to see what Mal comes back with. I have my money on DVA only dealing with the sponsor but communication is through your agent which is normal maing it appear that the agent is dealing with your SC.
              I have the same feeling; but I had to really fight with the DVA once to get my SC transferred over in good time for the client, while the agency just sat back and watched. I am greatly concerned that I am now unable to query my own clearance status with them and that this is left in the hand of the agents and / or sponsor.

Originally posted by Malvolio
              As regards the SC clarearance, assume that the one year rule still applies. You can opnly clear roles, not people, so no role no clearance.

I'm rather more concerned about DVA only talking to agencies. I will get that one followed up.
              Mal, I am keen to hear what you come back with.

Originally posted by CheeseSlice
              If thats true there is probably a libel case in that. Ruined reputation in your market place for a silly (and openly stated as) political move!
              I've absolutely no idea where you would get with it though.
              Don't think I'd ever win.

P

Comment

I have the same feeling; but I had to really fight with the DVA once to get my SC transferred over in good time for the client, while the agency just sat back and watched. I am greatly concerned that I am now unable to query my own clearance status with them and that this is left in the hand of the agents and / or sponsor.
                Right am totally confused now. You have mentioned two processes now.. Renewal which would indicate you have no clearance right now and have to go through the whole process again (it may or may not be quicker for renewal but that is not the issue. You now mention transfering it over. You can only do this if you have current clearance and does not need renewing.

Which situation are you really in? Maybe if you can get that right in your mind you will know what you are doing.

Transfer. If it is being transfered over it should be current and you have used it in the last 12 months. If this is the case it will be held by your previous client. Just ring them up and ask. They will tell you the situation, forget the agent. I still think this is a red herring.

Renewal. If you are applying for renewal then it doesn't get transfered. You should be able to ring your old client and they will confirm you had it with them but thats it. Right now if the renewal didn't go through you have no clearance and therefor cannot chase it with the new client or Hays. You have no clearance with anyone. Just an expired one which is of no interest to anyone but DVA. If you go to a new client you will have to start the process again.

Seems pretty straightforward as long as you can make your mind up as to which situation you are really in.

Does this help?

Comment

Right am totally confused now. You have mentioned two processes now.. Renewal which would indicate you have no clearance right now and have to go through the whole process again (it may or may not be quicker for renewal but that is not the issue. You now mention transfering it over. You can only do this if you have current clearance and does not need renewing.

Which situation are you really in? Maybe if you can get that right in your mind you will know what you are doing.

Transfer. If it is being transfered over it should be current and you have used it in the last 12 months. If this is the case it will be held by your previous client. Just ring them up and ask. They will tell you the situation, forget the agent. I still think this is a red herring.

Renewal. If you are applying for renewal then it doesn't get transfered. You should be able to ring your old client and they will confirm you had it with them but thats it. Right now if the renewal didn't go through you have no clearance and therefor cannot chase it with the new client or Hays. You have no clearance with anyone. Just an expired one which is of no interest to anyone but DVA. If you go to a new client you will have to start the process again.

Seems pretty straightforward as long as you can make your mind up as to which situation you are really in.

Does this help?
                  It's the latter.

Comment

Last time I spoke to the DVA (which was recently), they only speak to the sponsor, not the agent. However, this doesn't take into account this Hays pre-approval thingy, which I personally wouldn't consider.
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X