• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays to renwew your security clearence.. for a fee?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays to renwew your security clearence.. for a fee?!

http://www.hays.co.uk/it-security-cleared-jobs.aspx

Enjoy.

P

That's outrageous!!!!!

I'm damned if I will pay a fee like that ever.

Comment

What a total joke! I emailed back stating I think it's an absolute con.

I'm curious to know how they could renew it for £350 though...

Comment

I wanna know how they can renew it too, though I think it's based on a role they put you forward for.

Agree if I wanna know my clearance is still active, I simply call the DVA like I've always done.

WHAT A CON!!!!

Comment

the sooner someone does actually set up a business providing security clearance the better... current system is carp

errrrr...
          re the two above posts - have a read again.
          all they're offering to do is chase the renewal with your client on your behalf

Comment

Originally posted by digerido View Post
            What a total joke! I emailed back stating I think it's an absolute con.

I'm curious to know how they could renew it for £350 though...
            Because they're probably ListX and can hold and apply for clearances for people working on projects requiring them. There are several Agencies that are ListX.

For one to charge an admin fee to transfer Clearance is ludicrous and tantamount to blackmail since they can effectively tell a contractor pay up or no contract start.
            Last edited by TykeMerc; 30 October 2009, 20:07.

Comment

Hays to charge to see if your clearence current

Hi All had the e-mail from hays ,The way I read it was if you wanted to be included on Hays defence /goverment contractor lists , They wanted to check if your BC/CTC/SC/DV was current and that they would get an third party to check your security clearence status for them hence the cost of £58.50

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                That's outrageous!!!!!

I'm damned if I will pay a fee like that ever.
                Its not outrageous, its ******* unbelievably outrageous.

Surely the Vetting Agency should be aware of this extortion?
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

My SC has lapsed - will they renew it, even if I haven't got a contract with them?

Comment

This is a scam, I have reported them to the appropriate authorities.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X