• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultation on Visa Limits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consultation on Visa Limits

The Home Office are running a consultation on proposed changes to the new visa llimits - details at htt

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...-eu-migration/

This is a real opportunity to address one of the key issues affecting our future. The more of us that comment the more weight we will bring to bear, so get in there.

EDIT - Sorry guys, link now working properly!
    Last edited by malvolio; 30 June 2010, 08:29.
    Blog? What blog...?

"Page Not found"

Can you fix your linky Mal?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      "Page Not found"

Can you fix your linky Mal?
      WHS. The link has been truncated.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

here is the link

UK Border Agency | Limits on non-EU economic migration (June to September 2010)
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          The Home Office are running a consultation on proposed changes to the new visa llimits - details at htt

UK Border Agency | Limits on non-EU economic migration (June to September 2010)

This is a real opportunity to address one of the key issues affecting our future. The more of us that comment the more weight we will bring to bear, so get in there.

EDIT - Sorry guys, link now working properly!

Bit late for me 'coz izz 'ave fracked off , but I'll write something. Leave it to the PCG and you might as well
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Well I went through this and submitted my answers but still feel a bit, can't think of the word... deflated possibly.

So few questions which were so generic with, from what I can see, only one option for those that want to clamp down on immigration and one for those that people that have used or need immigration to pick.

Dunno, just feel that there was only one common sense answer bearing in mind the country is crying out for a clamp down and then there is the doubt that even though the survey would be unanimous in some area's nothing will again get done about it.

Maybe I was expecting too much but filled in and submitted to do my bit at least.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Done, I hope someone reads the comments that are submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by digerido View Post
                Done, I hope someone reads the comments that are submitted.
                Two words that spring to mind are Snowball and Hell there.

I spotted this is being discussed on the BBC Have your say service and looking at the responses it appears that 99% of people have no idea what is going on and see the word immigration and are just jumping in with both feet. The topic is about the cap on skilled labour but many of the comments are around Polish people and the like taking the jobs and 'without immigration Starbucks, Macdonalds etc would not exist'

The lack of explaination of what the government are trying to achieve and generally stupid people means this doesn't seem to be going very well.

I am not saying your comments are wrong digerido, just that there is going to be so much crap posted I can't believe they will take much notice.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Were you meant to say 'any' notice rather than 'much' notice.

I agree with your comments but I do live and hope. What has been happening over recent years is disgusting and personally I feel big companies have held the government in the palms of their hands!

'We can complete this project for you on budget if we're allowed to bring in cheaper resources from abroad' nudge n' a wink.

Comment

I've done of few of these public consultations and got quoted in one anonymously.

Your point is only taken into consideration if a large organisation i.e. local council agrees with your views however the government still does what it wants.

In addition like my council, they have a habit of misrepresenting the statistical figures. Unfortunately unlike my local council who have done consultations on things most people completing national ones still haven't got wise on how to answer them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X