• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Offer Subject To Credit Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Offer Subject To Credit Check

Long story cut short:

Walked away from about £20K of various debt 3 years ago (credit cards/loans etc all unsecured).

At new address now, not linked to previous, have nobody knocking on my door, have no credit for last 3 years, am on voters role, all clean and good.

Have a job offer in IT working for a foreign bank, its subject to credit check, nothing heavy just no CCJ's will be fine.

I checked my previous bad address and surprisingly discovered there are no CCJ's registered against me despite there being no payments made for 3 years.

But obviously don't want to link the two addresses....

They want 6 years of addresses, any tips on how I could account for my whereabouts 3 years prior to my current address?

Can I make up an address?...use someone elses address?...my surname is Jones!...so very common....if they do a dearch on a false address and find no record of me or any CCJ's do you think it will fly?

I really want this job!

Do the words 'actions' and 'consequences' have any meaning to you?

Fortunately banks are quite hot on this kind of thing and hopefully will find out of your history.

You sir are a fraudster.

I'll make sure not to have any savings in foreign banks if you come back telling us you got the contract...

HTH.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think you are asking advice on "How to commit fraud".... I doubt any one will :
      a) Help
      b) Be too sympathetic

but I may be wrong...

Comment

but I may be wrong...
        Nope you are right.

Can I make up an address?...use someone elses address?...my surname is Jones!...so very common....if they do a dearch on a false address and find no record of me or any CCJ's do you think it will fly?
        Moron.

P.s. For those expecting me to appear with my normal rush of eloquent rudeness I can't even be bothered with this one. It is just so far beyond stupid words fail me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          I think you are asking advice on "How to commit fraud".... I doubt any one will :
          a) Help
          b) Be too sympathetic

but I may be wrong...
          WHS

And I think you are right.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Just... wow!
            Permietractor (probably)

Comment

There's a reason for these kind of checks. It's to stop people like you, who have shirked their responsibilities (yes, Debts are responsibilities) and committed an act of fraud, which impacts every single person who uses a bank or financial institution. I'm fairly sure if I'd "walked away" from £20k's worth of debt 3 years ago, I'd also be credit free, but I've accepted that I needed the money at the time, and that now I have more money, I have to pay it back - because that's how debts work.

Take it on the chin, and tell them you're a fraudster. Then don't ever try and get a job in a bank again - they have enough problems with corruption, without taking on someone like you.
              "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
              SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Is this where the con in contractor applies to?

Dear god!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty1 View Post
                  Walked away from about £20K of various debt 3 years ago (credit cards/loans etc all unsecured).
                  Is that all? The kid's today have no ambition.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty1 View Post
                    Long story cut short:

They want 6 years of addresses, any tips on how I could account for my whereabouts 3 years prior to my current address?
                    Just tell them the truth that you were in prison for committing fraud.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X