• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job Offer Subject To Credit Check"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    I wish we could be sure, but I fear qwerty1 may be for real.....
    We'll see. What got me is that he has access to his previous place and that there are no final demands or CCJ's.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    OK - Whose sockie is this?
    The moment I read the first post, I thought... Sockie. The whole post just didn't ring with much truth to it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I sympathise, sometimes it's really hard to get on. Options are

1) Come clean
    2) Check out companies houses for a company director with a similar name and pretend to be them
    3) Steal Tom Jones identity
    4) Look through old records for someone who died many years ago when you were born. Get a copy of their birth certificate and then go through the process of getting their NI Number & setting up new bank accounts in their name. I recommend that you fake some utility bills for the purpose(very easy, Crystal Reports is very good). Then you can fly through their credit process.

Jobs a good one.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

MF

PS : Don't drop the soap!!!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by qwerty1 View Post
    Long story cut short:

Walked away from about £20K of various debt 3 years ago (credit cards/loans etc all unsecured).

At new address now, not linked to previous, have nobody knocking on my door, have no credit for last 3 years, am on voters role, all clean and good.

Have a job offer in IT working for a foreign bank, its subject to credit check, nothing heavy just no CCJ's will be fine.

I checked my previous bad address and surprisingly discovered there are no CCJ's registered against me despite there being no payments made for 3 years.

But obviously don't want to link the two addresses....

They want 6 years of addresses, any tips on how I could account for my whereabouts 3 years prior to my current address?

Can I make up an address?...use someone elses address?...my surname is Jones!...so very common....if they do a dearch on a false address and find no record of me or any CCJ's do you think it will fly?

I really want this job!
    Surely you actually read the screening form? It actually, explicitly, tells you to list any "bad debt/credit history issues" you have/have had. Did you just check the "no" box?

Still, look on the bright side, that makes your address 3 years ago is the least of your problems...

For an honest piece of advice: just own up, right now, to both the agent and the client. Depending on the role, it might not be an issue. If it is, well, hard luck; just move on. But whatever you do, don't keep this façade up with them (unless you fancy being prosecuted...)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    OK - Whose sockie is this?

Leave a comment:

• qwerty1
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Bet he's glad he asked now
    Yes I am, thanks guys I have seen the light and errors of me ways and will only go straight from now on.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Bet he's glad he asked now

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Walked away from about £20K of various debt 3 years ago (credit cards/loans etc all unsecured).
    You never 'walk away' entirely.

At new address now, not linked to previous, have nobody knocking on my door, have no credit for last 3 years, am on voters role, all clean and good.
    They're trying to track you down now, trust me.
    The moment you 'pop up on the grid', whether it's applying for a mortgage, going for a PAYE job, or a multitude of triggers... your addresses will be associated, and you'll receive letters, possibly even a call at work.

I checked my previous bad address and surprisingly discovered there are no CCJ's registered against me despite there being no payments made for 3 years.
    How did you check? With creditexpert? You may well have done the job for them. Next time they run a routine check with experian/equifax you'll pop up.

They want 6 years of addresses, any tips on how I could account for my whereabouts 3 years prior to my current address?
    Like anyone's going to give you tips on breaking the law. If you masquerade as another 'Jones' you'll land in deeeeeep trouble when it all surfaces - your 'plead ignorance/amnesia' case will be in tatters.

Speak in confidence with the CCCS, the CAB, the National Insolvency Helpline et al. Your records will resurface, they always do, and when they do you'll be liable for the original amount plus a LOT of charges & interest until the point the debt was sent to a DMU.

You may well benefit from declaring yourself bankrupt before they catch up with you.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    Long story cut short:

Just tell them the truth that you were in prison for committing fraud.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Is that all? The kid's today have no ambition.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Is this where the con in contractor applies to?

Dear god!

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    There's a reason for these kind of checks. It's to stop people like you, who have shirked their responsibilities (yes, Debts are responsibilities) and committed an act of fraud, which impacts every single person who uses a bank or financial institution. I'm fairly sure if I'd "walked away" from £20k's worth of debt 3 years ago, I'd also be credit free, but I've accepted that I needed the money at the time, and that now I have more money, I have to pay it back - because that's how debts work.

Take it on the chin, and tell them you're a fraudster. Then don't ever try and get a job in a bank again - they have enough problems with corruption, without taking on someone like you.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Just... wow!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    I think you are asking advice on "How to commit fraud".... I doubt any one will :
    a) Help
    b) Be too sympathetic

but I may be wrong...
    WHS

And I think you are right.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    but I may be wrong...
    Nope you are right.

Can I make up an address?...use someone elses address?...my surname is Jones!...so very common....if they do a dearch on a false address and find no record of me or any CCJ's do you think it will fly?
    Moron.

P.s. For those expecting me to appear with my normal rush of eloquent rudeness I can't even be bothered with this one. It is just so far beyond stupid words fail me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X