• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete30 View Post

Is there anyway I could see SC questionnaire. Is this available to public. I would like to get a glimpse of all inputs required for SC application?
    Have a poke around here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...curity-vetting

Not sure if the form itself is there but plenty of guidance and links to follow.

It's the UKSVs (or what-ever they are calling themselves nowadays) own site.

Comment

Looks like the SC form (National security vetting 001) link is broken on the government publications website but the DV form (National security vetting 002) makes interesting reading: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...curity-vetting

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Would that not constitute a security risk or away yo game the system...?

Answer the questions honestly to the best of your knowledge. That's all the advice we can give.
        I think my question was more like - "Do they ask an evidence for the employment I had in 2004? as I don't have it. If they ask such questions, I would rather say NO to SC"

Comment

I think my question was more like - "Do they ask an evidence for the employment I had in 2004? as I don't have it. If they ask such questions, I would rather say NO to SC"
          They do actually, but they are pragmatic about it. There's room to expand on stuff, including that one.

Think about what they are asking. Things like are you concealing time in jail or taking training courses in Afghanistan.

Also the vetting agency aren't the only people in play. Their findings will inform someone closer to the role who makes the final call
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

As DV only covers the last 10 years of employment then I don't think SC is going to be worried about 2004.

FYI: for my NPPV3 and (weirdly) my FAC I've answered 'Yes but I can't really remember the details' to a few questions and never had a major issue; as in 'Yes, I've had a few speeding tickets over the years but I can't remember the exact number or dates but I never had more than 6 points at any one time and they were all fixed penalties and not court summonses'.

Don't over think it....if you've got an SC role to apply for then, as many others have said, just fill in the form honestly and as best you can; if you don't get the clearance they don't chuck you in jail!

Comment

And I forgot to mention.... Why assume they don't have acess to your answers already?

Think about what they are checking....
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by gb7
                Hello, just looking for some advice from others who may have been in a similar position - have read this forum but can't see it asked before...

The majority of my previous self-employment has involved travelling around the UK and a couple of weeks staying in Europe. Over the past 5 years this totals roughly 40 addresses, many of them were only stayed at for 6 days before moving on to the next. Others were stayed at for a month or two. None of them have been officially 'registered' addresses - I've always been registered at one permanent home address for this work. Many of them were friends' houses or informal AirBnB style arrangements (no tenancy agreement etc.). Is it necessary to list every single one? I'm worried that the volume of addresses might impact my application and also that I can't remember the exact address of somewhere I stayed for 6 days 5 years ago.

Thanks in advance
                really?????
                Possibly the dumbest question asked in this forum. Hence why it's never been asked before. The bar is already quite low. So congratulations are in order.

The answer is quite obvious. You declare your permanent residences. Not every hotel/AirBNB you have stayed in. There is a difference between "lived here" and "stayed here".
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by gb7
                  Thank you, Lance, for your positive input - most helpful. The form does mention temporary accommodation hence my confusion but of course, someone of my limited mental capacity is bound to misunderstand.

On the topic of addresses, I will message you with my current address for the postage of my medal for “dumbest question ever asked”. What an honour.
                  Or you could think about what they are actually asking. Have you stayed in a country that is considered risky by the UK, such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, North Korea, Belarus, Syria....

They will know if you have, they are testing if you are honest enough to tell them about it. If you haven't, then your usual address(es) would be enough. If they aren't happy with your answers, then either they will ask for clarification, or, rather more likely, simply stop processing your forms until you provide the right answer. (For example, one colleague's clearance was held up for months until he discovered his ex had run up some unpaid bills on his credit card; once paid off, clearance magically appeared that week).

I know we always say "answer the questions as honestly as you can", but applying a little awareness answers most of the questions people have raised,
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If I was granted SC clearance for a contract that I then didn't start (because it took too long), is my SC clearance still valid if it is within 12 months of being granted?

Comment

Originally posted by suebfg View Post
                      If I was granted SC clearance for a contract that I then didn't start (because it took too long), is my SC clearance still valid if it is within 12 months of being granted?
                      you will still be "SC cleared" but whether the clearance is suitable for another client is not guaranteed..
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X