• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the SC Clearance interview the same as the DV Clearance one?

Comment

Originally posted by needSomeAdvice View Post
      Is the SC Clearance interview the same as the DV Clearance one?
      Is SC the same as DV?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Are you a Spanish citizen or not? If you are, declare it, if you are not, don't. The passport you hold is irrelevant. It's a British passport btw. No such thing as an English passport.
        Yet!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Is SC the same as DV?
          No, but the SC interview isn't common so I thought the structure would be the same as the DV one...

Comment

Originally posted by needSomeAdvice View Post
            No, but the SC interview isn't common so I thought the structure would be the same as the DV one...
            I doubt its that similar. DV will be much more in depth, probably to the point of asking you about things even you weren't aware of.. And interviewing your family and friends about the same.

No comparisons to be made really. Different beasts.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I doubt its that similar. DV will be much more in depth, probably to the point of asking you about things even you weren't aware of.. And interviewing your family and friends about the same.

No comparisons to be made really. Different beasts.

I see. Well, that's the stage I'm currently at. I didn't get outright rejected considering my application. Unsure if that's a good thing or not.
              Last edited by needSomeAdvice; 14 November 2019, 16:35.

Comment

I'm unaware of any interview for an SC. It's form filling and portal entry. Plus the very important matter of forking over the cost.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

SC clearence from NSV to FCO

Hi,

My SC was set to Completed by the NSV. They said this was now sent to the FCO for assessment. Does anybody know how long the FCO took for their, or somebody elses, assessment?

Thanks, Socat

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    I'm unaware of any interview for an SC. It's form filling and portal entry. Plus the very important matter of forking over the cost.
                    I've completed the form and provided complete details of my colourful past, which is why I'm probably being called in. Yeah, I will feel pretty bad if I dont get it after all of the time and cost this company has put into me.
                    Last edited by needSomeAdvice; 15 November 2019, 18:20.

Comment

SC clearance local custody records

Apologies as cant seem to find the answer to this anywhere else.

An SC clearance role has come up which I want to apply for.

I had a caution as a teen about 20 + years ago.

I did a subject access request with ACRO which has come back as no trace.

And the same with the local force and the still hold custody records.

Do they check local police records? I will declare the caution even though it's been deleted from ACRO

Comment

Working...
                      X