• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
    There not a agency, just a company I worked for as a permie last year until august. can I assume that it can be transferred to my new contract?
    Yes that is who I mean, the sponsor of the clearance. If it is within 12 months of last being used it will be classed as active and SHOULD be able to be transfered to your new agency sponsor.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And on that note I am not considered a risk to national security, 7 weeks for clearance to come though
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBen View Post
        @northernladuk Thanks for the reply. I hate to admit it, but that seems spot on! Will take the advice an keep applying but not holding my breath
        I have been contracting 15 years, never suceeded yet in getting a role requiring SC, I would fly through the clearance with my background, but no one has ever given me a sniff of a contract. As has previously been pointed out they just put the words SC Cleared or willing to be, and you cant argue against it, I have contracted on the Royal Navy Base at Portmouth, and in Manchester Police both times with basic (as was ) clearance. I have all but given up it will ever happen once upon a time when I first moved down south with all this military stuff about it would just be a matter of time but no, its quite obviously not going to happen. Incidentally I know someone who has just gone through DV for Lockheed Martin (permi job) that took 6 months. He almost through the towel in, in arrived just in the nick of time.

Comment

Eats shoots and leaves...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Bit of an usual question this I hope, as searching has yielded nothing.

I was put through SC on a role back in 2014, but I left the contract in the summer opting not to renew. I heard nothing about the application until XMAS, when they wanted to have an interview. Had the interview and then heard nothing again.

Then May this year I was contacted and informed my SC has been passed.

however upon application for a SC role, I am being told by the account manager that my SC would have expired as I left site/project back in 2014.

??

Comment

FCO security clearance

Originally posted by daz2k007 View Post
              My security clearance is taking ages it had been at the FCO for nearly 8-10 weeks now its apparentley at the Home office and they say now it will take another 30 days are they just messing me about. The FCO said everything was done like all the paper work and all the home office had to do was have the final say so how does that take another 30 days to do

How long did it finally take you to get clearance? My application is with FCO for four months and still pending. Why is it taking so long? I lived in the same address for the last 5 years. I am so frustrated as I am unemployed and waiting, I appreciate replies from people who experienced similar issues. They told me that my application is now with another government organization but they did not tell me which.

Comment

Originally posted by time01 View Post
                How long did it finally take you to get clearance? My application is with FCO for four months and still pending. Why is it taking so long? I lived in the same address for the last 5 years. I am so frustrated as I am unemployed and waiting, I appreciate replies from people who experienced similar issues. They told me that my application is now with another government organization but they did not tell me which.
                Mine took 11 months lol! Just got it in Jun

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Mine took 11 months lol! Just got it in Jun

You are not joking, are you? 11 months is a long time, you are talking seriously, was it with FCO? Thanks

Comment

You are not joking, are you? 11 months is a long time, you are talking seriously, was it with FCO? Thanks
                    I thought it was cos of my Russian partner, but turns out I wasn't the only one with huge delay, although that didn't help - I was interviewed because of it. Was MOD.

Oddly enough my previous SC 'expired' two months before clientco decided to clear us all. Nearly one year later I got it then was canned along with all the other contractors one week after I received the clearance lol!

Comment

I happens for all sorts of reasons. One guy on my team was denied SC for ten months, until he discovered. quite by accident, that his ex-wife had run up a £7k debt on one of his old cards. Paid that off and the clearance came through in less than a week.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X