• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not really the same, they state the offering to an employer so it's just an intermediary service doing the admin legwork. The other one seemed to indicate it could get clearance for an individual without a role.

Apologies if this is a daft question but does that mean that a none ListX company can use a service like this to put employees through clearance ? If so what would be the point ?
    In fact is this nothing more than a backdoor way to gain clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
      Apologies if this is a daft question but does that mean that a none ListX company can use a service like this to put employees through clearance ? If so what would be the point ?
      In fact is this nothing more than a backdoor way to gain clearance.
      They shouldn't be able to but I didn't read in to the speil that's what they were trying to do. But didn't read much of it so dunno. Nothing for you there anyway.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        They shouldn't be able to but I didn't read in to the speil that's what they were trying to do. But didn't read much of it so dunno. Nothing for you there anyway.
        I read the full blurb, they mention the vetting is done through "a police force". I know Warwickshire used to do the vetting for most of the other Home Office constablaries.

Reading the website its very carefully worded, anyone can do the checks assoicated with SC clearancem, but it doesn't mean that the indivisual will hold SC cleareance at the end of it.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

an update on my sc transfer challenges

All,
          Once again many thanks for your interest and all your comments. They are appreciated.

So in the end I got the following evidence together:

All my SC details from BT security (but no certification sheet)
          I got DBS-NSV to write to me confirming that they are happy transferring clearance details from other government issuing agencies
          A copy of the Sponsor clearance transfer request form

I went back to the agency and requested that they provide all these to the client security group so they can simply transfer my clearance and not be a block to my taking up an employment offer
          I also pointed on that the sponsor transfer request form defines Transfer at the bottom and this explicitly includes from other government issuing authorities (form dated December 2014).

Faced with the blindingly obvious and business as usual you would have hoped normal logic and professionalism would have prevailed...as a minimum perhaps they would use the telephone and speak to DBS-NSV themselves.

Sadly not.

So I have had to submit a BPSS form to the organisation and have been treated like I have no clearance. I have the job offer but currently will not be allowed to work on projects for which my existing current SC would enable me.
          I am seeking a firm commitment that they will run me through another SC clearance process...which has been mooted. Otherwise I will have to leave the job and work elsewhere to protect my existing SC clearance.

Stupid is as stupid does

S

Comment

... to protect my existing SC clearance...
            Which I think you just proved does not exist. Clearance goes with the role, not the person.Transfer of clearance requires that the new SO accepts that the old clearance is adequate for the new role. In this case it seems it isn't.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Still waiting (where is that druming fingers smiley), although at least I am on site and billing while it goes through

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hey guys,

Just a quick question that has probably been asked so apologies in advance.

Does anyone know if you can apply for a job that requires SC but stay in your job until you get the clearance incase you don't actually get it? So if you get the SC I would then hand my notice in and if I don't get it I stay at my current organisation.

I had SC around 5 years ago, but I was charged and pled guilty to possession of an offensive weapon (belt) fighting with a mate as a joke but police didn't take it like that and they conveniently lost the CCTV that would prove my case.

So for obvious reasons I wouldn't like to move position without having the clearance in the first place.

TIA,

Comment

Perfectly feasible - assuming your client is happy to wait around four months for you to start, assuming you can...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Still waiting (where is that druming fingers smiley), although at least I am on site and billing while it goes through
                    WIS

Comment

WIS
                      6 weeks and counting, starting to get not funny as can't really do the work I need to do without it, at what state does sanity trump billing?

Comment

Working...
                      X