• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    My SC hasn't been transferred over to my new role, I've been informed today. Also that it's the 'individuals responsibilty' to arrange this. Not what happened last time it was tranferred, it was transparent to me.

Doesn't matter per se - I'm baling out to a non-SC'd role per an earlier thread of mine, but this is more ammo to justify my actions so I would like the know the answer!
    In this case the individual is the sponsor, i.e. the client-side person responsible for staffing the role. The new one should contact the old one (or the old SSO) to arrange the transfer.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

PCG Banging the Drum

If anyone is interested (and if not, why not ), PCG have taken this whole issue to the Tories and explained why it's such a mess in some detail, and proposed some solutions. Take a look at their website home page for the details.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        If anyone is interested (and if not, why not ), PCG have taken this whole issue to the Tories and explained why it's such a mess in some detail, and proposed some solutions. Take a look at their website home page for the details.
        Apparently, you just need to print yourself a business card and you can walk into MoD as often as you like, no questions asked.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Apparently, you just need to print yourself a business card and you can walk into MoD as often as you like, no questions asked.

Oddly enough though, that came up in a real discussion. What people forget is that clearance is a matter of risk assessment. Since the soi-disant advisor had been known very well for many years to someone who understands the issues involved, it was more than likely that the threat he poses to national security is also well known and presumably small enough that he is not a threat to it.

The Clearance process is about checking people you don't know, after all.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Mine turned up this week, 4 months after applying. So that's how long it's taking at the moment.

And I've been cleared for 10 years, which is apparently unusual.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Feck! NOMS have just changed the forms used for CTC clearance so, I've got to do it all over again!

And double feck, the ****** who put it all on an excel spreadsheet knows jack tulip! In the employment section it says select your type of employment ie self employed, employed, temporary etc. No problem there, select self employed. Only then it asks you who to contact at your co for a reference, their tele number, email etc, etc!

I raised 5 questions with them today about completing it and they said 'oh, erm, leave it with us and we'll get back to you'! FFS.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Newbie SC Questions

I'm in the process of accepting a permanent position that requires SC clearance & I've never before held any type of clearance so it's all new to me.

Now for the bits I'm worried about...
                Many years ago I worked in the USA for about 6 years. Initially I was employed 'legally' on a work visa. The visa was only valid for work with that initial company. Being somewhat of a rogue I moved on to several other companies, essentially working for them 'illegally'. I suppose it would be classed as fraud as I was fraudulently passing myself off as being legal !! I didn't get in any trouble with the US authorities for this & I paid my taxes. I left the US to move back to the UK and have entered the US since for holidays without any problems.
                Could this cause me serious problems for the SC checks? Will 'they' be aware of this?
                I also (foolishly!) got a criminal record for possesion of cannabis some 15 years ago - will this be an issue??
                I'm very concerned about quitting my current position to take this new job, only to have my SC declined....

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

SC after leaving the army

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experience of a similar scenario to this.

I left the forces September this year, prior to leaving I had checked my service records and ascertained that I had SC from August 2006 and it was due to last 10 years.

I found a contract requiring SC, filled in the relevant transfer paperwork and thought nothing of it.

After two days on site I received a call from my agency informing me I had to leave site due to not having SC, after chasing it up I was informed that on leaving the army my SC reverted from 10 years to 5 years, effectively meaning my it ran out this August.

Is this usual?

Comment

SC in progress

Q : My contract may end before the clearance comes through. Can i check the progress of my sc clearance application anywhere? If I leave the company before i get the clearance, is there a way to know i got cleared?

We do not know the answer to this one yet. Hopefully the person that asked this question will appraise us as his circumstances change.

Has any one found an answer for this? I am finishing soon but my clearance in progress..waiting for four months.:confused

Comment

I would have thought it would arrive with your clients security team and stay with them? When I left permie land I was still able to ring the old HR and speak to them about my SC. They held it until it was transfered. I would ring the client as you would if you were still there.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X