• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yep, agree totally. If you miss your annual review your clearance stops there and then. If it's held by someone not at your current client, it may already be too late.
    And in some roles your partner needs to be security cleared as well, as I know I get vetted by my missus work place
    Doing the needful since 1827

    Comment


      Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      And in some roles your partner needs to be security cleared as well, as I know I get vetted by my missus work place
      You sure about that!!?

      Comment


        Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        And in some roles your partner needs to be security cleared as well, as I know I get vetted by my missus work place
        Are you sure she isn't DV or NATO cleared which is very intrusive and requires partners, family and the next doors cat to be interviewed as well. Good to see that you are subject to a security vetting you don't even know. Taking it seriously then
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Are you sure she isn't DV or NATO cleared which is very intrusive and requires partners, family and the next doors cat to be interviewed as well. Good to see that you are subject to a security vetting you don't even know. Taking it seriously then
          I don't know her clearance, she sensibly won't talk about anything work related that isn't public knowledge including her clearance
          Doing the needful since 1827

          Comment


            Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            I don't know her clearance, she sensibly won't talk about anything work related that isn't public knowledge including her clearance
            You should know what it is if you are getting vetted for it! How can you understand the rules and regs if you don't even know what level you are??
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

            Comment


              A new contractor here is having to get re-vetted for SC as the security people are saying he hasn't used it for 6 months, they are saying 12 months is long enough to get 'radicalised'.

              Is this across the board or a local thing??
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

              Comment


                Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                A new contractor here is having to get re-vetted for SC as the security people are saying he hasn't used it for 6 months, they are saying 12 months is long enough to get 'radicalised'.

                Is this across the board or a local thing??
                A radical thought.... why doesn't SC clearance last for 12 months whilst in a role?
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  A radical thought.... why doesn't SC clearance last for 12 months whilst in a role?
                  It does...

                  Basically, you have to be re-vetted every 12 months, although that's usually a fomality unless you've gone bankrupt or had a long break in Afghanistan during the year. Once you leave the role, that can't happen so your clearance lapses on the anniversary of your last review.

                  The 12 month grace period is a convention to save some time and effort, not a rule. Your clearance may actually have lapsed the week after you moved out.
                  Blog? What blog...?

                  Comment


                    How do I get SC clearance

                    Hello 1st time

                    I have just started contracting (although not got a contract yet)
                    I have a limited company and I know you cannot get SC clearance as an individual but is this a chicken and egg situation or is there a way of using my company. Also how much does it cost?

                    Comment


                      Can you approach a ListX company and ask them to sponsor you for SC if you are willing to pay, or does the company then have to employ you?

                      Sorry in advance for my SC ignorance

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X