• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    So what is the correct way to deal with an agent who won't put your CV forward?

Applied for a role which is a great match for my skillset.

Ad says:

"Due to the nature of the customer candidates should have, or be willing to undergo, security clearance to SC level. "

Sent CV off and rang agent, who says that their client won't interview me unless I have SC.

So can't even get past the agent.
    Go for a different role. End of. Breaking the Catch-22 is proving to be very difficult, but PCG are working on it. Don't expect any instant results though.

Until the rules on applying for roles get some teeth there's nowhere to go. Hopefully, teeth will be provided...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Go for a different role. End of. Breaking the Catch-22 is proving to be very difficult, but PCG are working on it. Don't expect any instant results though.

Until the rules on applying for roles get some teeth there's nowhere to go. Hopefully, teeth will be provided...
      Which is good news but there will still always be the situations where quick starts will be required and cannot wait for the process so this will continue to happen but hopefully in specific situations, not just across the board for no reason as it is now.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, I know - just needed a rant. Have sent persuasive email, but not holding my breath...

Comment

Hopefully the PCGs efforts will fail - I'm on the SC/DV gravy train - don't want any more competion

Comment

New to contracting.
            About a accept a contract with one company, but have been waiting 3 months now for security clearance which would allow me a accept a much better contract elsewhere.
            Anyone any feeling for how long the wait is at present?

Comment

Originally posted by Halframhalfbiscuit View Post
              New to contracting.
              About a accept a contract with one company, but have been waiting 3 months now for security clearance which would allow me a accept a much better contract elsewhere.
              About three months...

But get cleared then immediately resign, you may find your new clearance is suddenly non-transferable.

HTH
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

New to contracting.
                6 weeks and counting so far. Not holding my breath.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks for that.Fingers crossed to hear soon then.
                  Will resign and accept contract with SC requirement as soon as/if cleared.

Comment

Thanks for that.Fingers crossed to hear soon then.
                    Will resign and accept contract with SC requirement as soon as/if cleared.
                    And, like I said, you might find your new clearance just vanished and you have to start again. It's not a badge, it's a risk assessment that can be instantly withdrawn if you p*** enough people off.

Jeez, does nobody think any more...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Who's responsibilty to arrange t/x of SC?

My SC hasn't been transferred over to my new role, I've been informed today. Also that it's the 'individuals responsibilty' to arrange this. Not what happened last time it was tranferred, it was transparent to me.

Doesn't matter per se - I'm baling out to a non-SC'd role per an earlier thread of mine, but this is more ammo to justify my actions so I would like the know the answer!

Comment

Working...
                      X