• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you chase feedback?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you chase feedback?

Do you ever chase feedback?

I find it amazing how little feedback I tend to get after interviews. It's vary rare that an agency let's you know why you didn't get a role. Normally I email the agency after a few days. I think that's just a waste of time though as you either get no reply or a pretty non descriptive 'haven't heard anything' or 'budgetary constraints' etc

No.

If they give me feedback - great.

Otherwise - onwards and upwards. Can't afford to lose focus/momentum for something you don't often get.

If you do want feedback, get it from other sources...
    Last edited by cojak; 1 March 2010, 12:33.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Always. Am fiercely competitive (which has been my undoing in the past) and I'm always, always wanting feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post

I find it amazing how little feedback I tend to get after interviews. It's vary rare that an agency let's you know why you didn't get a role. Normally I email the agency after a few days. I think that's just a waste of time though as you either get no reply or a pretty non descriptive 'haven't heard anything' or 'budgetary constraints' etc
        TBH it depends how much I want the job. If its one I really want then yes, I'll chase feedback. If its not a job Im that interested in then I dont.

That said, if you get no response from the agent after a couple of days then its reasonably clear which way the land lies. And who really wants to hear you were a good candidate just that someone else had worked for them before blah, blah, blah?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          That said, if you get no response from the agent after a couple of days then its reasonably clear which way the land lies. And who really wants to hear you were a good candidate just that someone else had worked for them before blah, blah, blah?
          WHS.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            Always. Am fiercely competitive (which has been my undoing in the past) and I'm always, always wanting feedback.
            Sounds like a recipie for dissapointment that..
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Never.

I apply to all roles on the presumption that the job does not exist.

I've even had cases where I've got through to the final round for senior permie roles and not got feedback and I've not chased that either.

If there's a positive outcome, the agent will be all over you like a rash.

I don't vary this policy according to how much I want the role.

As an example of stupid feedback, I was once told that I was too technical and that there was a fear that I would find too many bugs. It was during the 2001/2 recession and I was so desperate at the time that I set aside my professional standards and said that I could find as few defects as they wanted - but that didn't help (obviously the feedback wasn't genuine but I just wondered how they might respond to my offer).

Comment

If I want smoke blown up my arse, I'll pick somebody other than an agent.

I'm pretty well known in my field, so if I've not been offered the job in the interview it's most likely because they didn't like me rather than not thinking I could do the job. I'm happy with that and there's no changing peoples minds on that score...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  No.

If they give me feedback - great.

Otherwise - onwards and upwards. Can't afford to lose focus/momentum for something you don't often get.

If you do want feedback, get it from other sources...
                  WSS
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post

No, I don't chase feedback for a few reasons
                    1. It is almost always a waste of time
                    2. If the client is even slightly interested, the agent will chase me
                    3. If the agent gives me feedback without any prompting, it is more likely to be true (and they get on my 'OK to deal with' list)
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X