• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C# Devs Needed - 3 Years Experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# Devs Needed - 3 Years Experience

I am searching for 2x C# Developers to join a project with our client based in the North East, and I have come accross your CV on our datebase and was interested to know what your availability was. I am looking for 2x C# Developers with the following experience:

This 6 month contract role is for a C# Developer with a minimum of 3 years developing using C# .NET, as well as being extremely competant with Oracle and PL/SQL. It will be highly beneficial if you have experience in the energy/utilities sector, having worked in gas or electric or water before. This project is going to be working on a government lead - up to the minute project. Experience of having worked on Mobile Devices, preferrably using SMS or GPRS communication will be advantagous. This project is going to be initially signed up for 6 months, however there is a strong posibility that this will go on up to 12 months. Budgets are tight, and rates are between £100-130 a day...

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
    I am searching for 2x C# Developers to join a project with our client based in the North East, and I have come accross your CV on our datebase and was interested to know what your availability was. I am looking for 2x C# Developers with the following experience:

This 6 month contract role is for a C# Developer with a minimum of 3 years developing using C# .NET, as well as being extremely competant with Oracle and PL/SQL. It will be highly beneficial if you have experience in the energy/utilities sector, having worked in gas or electric or water before. This project is going to be working on a government lead - up to the minute project. Experience of having worked on Mobile Devices, preferrably using SMS or GPRS communication will be advantagous. This project is going to be initially signed up for 6 months, however there is a strong posibility that this will go on up to 12 months. Budgets are tight, and rates are between £100-130 a day...
    And they'll get someone for that. And that will drive the rates down.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      And they'll get someone for that. And that will drive the rates down.
      How?? Thats 25k a year

Grads are on 38k a year out of college

Comment

I agree the rates on offer are stupid, but:

Graduates are not on 38k a year out of college. Not even medical or law graduates. Definitely not computer science or similar.

Where do you get this from?

Comment

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
          I agree the rates on offer are stupid, but:

Graduates are not on 38k a year out of college. Not even medical or law graduates. Definitely not computer science or similar.

Where do you get this from?
          First hand experience - They definitely are paying that + a sign on bonus + a 4 month training trip (partly in NY)

Google: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Comment

First hand experience - They definitely are paying that + a sign on bonus + a 4 month training trip (partly in NY)
            Joey, shush!

Comment

Google: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=
              A thread talking about IB salaries in 2006 probably isn't a good guide to IB salaries in 2010 - some strange things have happened in the investment banking world since then

Comment

Plenty quickness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  A thread talking about IB salaries in 2006 probably isn't a good guide to IB salaries in 2010 - some strange things have happened in the investment banking world since then
                  Also not many people get into Goldman Sachs and the suchlike - the rest of the graddies have to make do with a lot less.

Funny how on the one hand joey makes a mockery of those getting high rates as well as mocking the ads offering low rates.

So joey - what is the right rate for a contractor then?
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    Also not many people get into Goldman Sachs and the suchlike - the rest of the graddies have to make do with a lot less.

Funny how on the one hand joey makes a mockery of those getting high rates as well as mocking the ads offering low rates.

So joey - what is the right rate for a contractor then?
                    There is a thing called BALANCE - Remember I was not complaining about high salary for contractors - Just amazed

100 a day is stupid - 500 a day for a developer is too much - Lets meet half way at 350 eh?

As for your comment on just goldmans - Remember there are dozens of others...

Morgan / Deutsche / BNP - All of these will pay 32->38

Comment

Working...
                    X