• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C# Devs Needed - 3 Years Experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey, most developers don't work at an IB or in london.

IMO a typical 'decent' comp sci graduate would, if they're lucky, see 18k in a junior dev job, and they'd probably struggle to get that in the current market.

not saying it's right, but it's how things are. 38k for a graduate developer salary would be 0.01% of jobs. in fact at the companies i've worked at in the midlands, only senior developers would be on or above 38k. maybe 3 or 4 in a team of 15?

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
      There is a thing called BALANCE - Remember I was not complaining about high salary for contractors - Just amazed

100 a day is stupid - 500 a day for a developer is too much - Lets meet half way at 350 eh?

As for your comment on just goldmans - Remember there are dozens of others...

Morgan / Deutsche / BNP - All of these will pay 32->38
      Ok how many graduates are there every year in IT, say around 20,000 in the UK - could be a high guess.

so all the IBs together will recruit what, about 400 of these in total in a good year?

So that's the top 2% taken care of - the rest probably follows a 'normal distribution curve'.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I suspect that the joey122 sockpuppet/troll owner has fallen for the hype from those pathetic training companies that state "the average salary in IT is £37k per annum".

I'm at a loss to understand why the board moderators allow these obvious trolling threads from blatant sockies.
        I also don't understand why people go to the trouble to make these sad sockpuppets either.
        Do they get some pathetic form of self worth from getting trolled reactions? If so I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I'm at a loss to understand why the board moderators allow these obvious trolling threads from blatant sockies.

Comment

I'll bite.

£130 a day for a junior contractor in the cheapest part of the country sounds about right. I reckon that role would command only £200-£250 in London. Three years' C# with a bit of Oracle is hardly asking a lot.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

People, honestly, it's joey. Why do you still bother?

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
                How?? Thats 25k a year

Grads are on 38k a year out of college
                Not in the North East, they're not. I live here and worked here.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
                  joey, most developers don't work at an IB or in london.

IMO a typical 'decent' comp sci graduate would, if they're lucky, see 18k in a junior dev job, and they'd probably struggle to get that in the current market.
                  Bro-in-law has just taken on two top graduates from Manchester Uni. in the Northwest for his business. He got sick of the "indians" he was outsourcing too not delivering. Says it's now quicker, and cheaper, to get someone in the UK to do it. Each grad. has been started on £18k.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

that sounds about right to me.

i started on 13k after graduating in 2002 (2:1 degree in comp sci from a decent uni, and about 6 months development experience over two summer jobs); i was just glad to get a relevant job, many fellow graduates with good, relevant degrees ended up temping or working in bars.

it went up quickly, and i got fantastic experience which rewarded me well later on, so i'm glad i took the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      People, honestly, it's joey. Why do you still bother?
                      who is this joey?
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X