• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

External HR Limited, who are they?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External HR Limited, who are they?

I have seen a job today advertised by External HR Limited. Seeing as I have never heard of them I thought I'd look them up on Google. I can't find them. Anybody know who they are? A pimp co without a website? How does that work? Thanks.

Edit-
    Name & Registered Office:
    EXTERNAL HR LIMITED
    5 PEARMAIN DRIVE
    ROTHERHAM
    SOUTH YORKSHIRE
    UK
    S668SE
    Company No. 06791759

Date of Incorporation: 14/01/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Hmmm, is this a one man band introducer type person? That's a private house on Google maps.
    Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 9 January 2010, 17:47.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

looks a one mand band sort of outfit, scouring over google see quite a few positions for this company, if they know the industry they prob v good agency to del with.

personally dont see any probs with them not having website mindful of some of the corporate shat others have promising the world etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
      looks a one mand band sort of outfit, scouring over google see quite a few positions for this company, if they know the industry they prob v good agency to del with.

personally dont see any probs with them not having website mindful of some of the corporate shat others have promising the world etc etc
      Hmmm, thanks. Never thought of it like that. I might just fire a CV off, nothing ventured etc...

Comment

By Googling around a little on the pimps jobs postings I have found that this bloke has simply copied/pasted his "vacancies" from Halcrow's website. I'm going to approach Halcrow directly but if required work through an agency that I know and trust. The pimp wasn't too clever just copy/pasting from Halcrow, it took me all of 30 seconds to see where the jobs had actually come from.

Comment

There are many parasites whose business model consists of trying to insert themselves in the chain between the worker and the end client, without adding any value at all. It hurts me to say it but they even make normal agents look like your friends.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

Good luck if anyone lands a gig with Halcrow. I doubt it will be me, they don't look like needing my skills presently. I feel my initial scepticism of this bloke is justified though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
              There are many parasites whose business model consists of trying to insert themselves in the chain between the worker and the end client, without adding any value at all. It hurts me to say it but they even make normal agents look like your friends.
              I had one donkey's years ago where the chain was about 5 long. Fortunately it was only a week's work and I was happy with the rate I got, but I did wonder how much the client was paying.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

ExternalHR

Hi All,

I am the Managing Director of ExternalHR Ltd, Just to let you all know. Yes the registered office address is a residential property and this is because i only started trading in November even though the company was registered back in January 2009.

I am now in the process of changing the Registered details to my office details. We are not a one man band i actually have3 members of staff working for me and looking to recruit more.

We are not parasites and we do have supplier agreements in place with a number of leading Consultancies / Companies, we do not take anything from any candidate neither do we deduct anything from a candidates pay rate, what we do is we have a % fee agreed with the clients, so when we contact a candidate we will always ask and find out what the pay rate is you require, we will then put that to our client, if it is accepted then we simply charge a % of the agreed pay rate so it will not effect the pay of the candidates at all. Infact the higher you pay rate the more we receive as a fee, hence we always try to get our candidates the pay rate they want.

With regards to the website this will be up and running very soon, it is currently being worked on.

So there you go, we are not parasites or a one man band, however what you will receive is a high level of service.

Comment

Originally posted by externalhr View Post
                  Hi All,

I am the Managing Director of ExternalHR Ltd, Just to let you all know. Yes the registered office address is a residential property and this is because i only started trading in November even though the company was registered back in January 2009.

I am now in the process of changing the Registered details to my office details. We are not a one man band i actually have3 members of staff working for me and looking to recruit more.

We are not parasites and we do have supplier agreements in place with a number of leading Consultancies / Companies, we do not take anything from any candidate neither do we deduct anything from a candidates pay rate, what we do is we have a % fee agreed with the clients, so when we contact a candidate we will always ask and find out what the pay rate is you require, we will then put that to our client, if it is accepted then we simply charge a % of the agreed pay rate so it will not effect the pay of the candidates at all. Infact the higher you pay rate the more we receive as a fee, hence we always try to get our candidates the pay rate they want.

With regards to the website this will be up and running very soon, it is currently being worked on.

So there you go, we are not parasites or a one man band, however what you will receive is a high level of service.
                  You shouldnt feel a need to justify your business to this lot on this site.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

ExternalHR

I did not feel the need to justify myself or the business, however without a website for contractors to look at a brief explanation would not heard. It is totally up to them if they would like to use our services.

We do have access to many of the main Jobsite CV databases so we are never short of candidates, however we do like to assist our candidates as much as possible.

Oh and yes, Fred Bloggs all you would of had to do is give us a call or emailed us and we would of told you our client was Halcrow, as you have demonstrated many of our positions arent available to direct applicants, we deal directly with the Technical Directors not the HR Departments, but thank you for demonstrating that point perfectly for us.

If you are interested please feel free to get in touch.

Comment

Working...
                    X