• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "External HR Limited, who are they?"

Collapse

• hravnish
    replied
    Mod Note to poster.

<mod>
    Hi hravnish,

I know that you have concerns about this company, but you must have documented evidence to back it up.

You must present the facts and not call people or the company rude names. I will not approve your post if you do.

What you have written does concern me though and I would like to approve your post.

But you must rewrite it to keep within the law.

</mod>

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Sorry to hear this. My advice would be to move along. If the jobs are genuine, a well targetted google search will probably find them with other agencies as well or with the actual client co.

Leave a comment:

• tinycandy
    replied
    Do they really exist?

As Im sure those of us out there who are desparate to find a job you will just about try anything once to try to find something. I applied for a couple of jobs through ExternalHR but nothing - no acknowledgement - no call. I emailed again but still nothing. Now 2 weeks later the same jobs have appeared on Total Jobs from this company again. What are they getting out of this - building up hopes of desparate people - this is not fair. The least you can do is acknowledge emails and offer some explanation.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Oh yeah, he's a bona fide agency all right, he trawls company jobs pages then copies/pastes them unedited into his job board postings. What was that someone said about parasitical species?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by VC1 View Post
    I saw some of your jobs advertised on Total Jobs today. Just thought I'd let you know it is dependEnt, not dependAnt when you are stating pay is dependent upon experience. Dependant (a noun) is with regard to people who rely on others for support (although dependent can be used nowadays for this also, dependant cannot be used in place of the adjective dependent). Just one of my pet hates when people do not use the correct spelling. Plus, it doesn't do your business any favours. (You used it in every advert, so not a mistake).
    Well there's no doubt he's a bona fide agent - just look how he doesn't know the difference between of and have.

Leave a comment:

• VC1
    replied
    I saw some of your jobs advertised on Total Jobs today. Just thought I'd let you know it is dependEnt, not dependAnt when you are stating pay is dependent upon experience. Dependant (a noun) is with regard to people who rely on others for support (although dependent can be used nowadays for this also, dependant cannot be used in place of the adjective dependent). Just one of my pet hates when people do not use the correct spelling. Plus, it doesn't do your business any favours. (You used it in every advert, so not a mistake).

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Yeah, who are we? We only do the bloody work!
    Well fu**ing get on with it then.

BTW I've just got my agency onto the PSL at Halcrow

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You shouldnt feel a need to justify your business to this lot on this site.
    Yeah, who are we? We only do the bloody work!

Leave a comment:

• externalhr
    replied
    ExternalHR

I did not feel the need to justify myself or the business, however without a website for contractors to look at a brief explanation would not heard. It is totally up to them if they would like to use our services.

We do have access to many of the main Jobsite CV databases so we are never short of candidates, however we do like to assist our candidates as much as possible.

Oh and yes, Fred Bloggs all you would of had to do is give us a call or emailed us and we would of told you our client was Halcrow, as you have demonstrated many of our positions arent available to direct applicants, we deal directly with the Technical Directors not the HR Departments, but thank you for demonstrating that point perfectly for us.

If you are interested please feel free to get in touch.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by externalhr View Post
    Hi All,

I am the Managing Director of ExternalHR Ltd, Just to let you all know. Yes the registered office address is a residential property and this is because i only started trading in November even though the company was registered back in January 2009.

I am now in the process of changing the Registered details to my office details. We are not a one man band i actually have3 members of staff working for me and looking to recruit more.

We are not parasites and we do have supplier agreements in place with a number of leading Consultancies / Companies, we do not take anything from any candidate neither do we deduct anything from a candidates pay rate, what we do is we have a % fee agreed with the clients, so when we contact a candidate we will always ask and find out what the pay rate is you require, we will then put that to our client, if it is accepted then we simply charge a % of the agreed pay rate so it will not effect the pay of the candidates at all. Infact the higher you pay rate the more we receive as a fee, hence we always try to get our candidates the pay rate they want.

With regards to the website this will be up and running very soon, it is currently being worked on.

So there you go, we are not parasites or a one man band, however what you will receive is a high level of service.
    You shouldnt feel a need to justify your business to this lot on this site.

Leave a comment:

• externalhr
    replied
    ExternalHR

Hi All,

I am the Managing Director of ExternalHR Ltd, Just to let you all know. Yes the registered office address is a residential property and this is because i only started trading in November even though the company was registered back in January 2009.

I am now in the process of changing the Registered details to my office details. We are not a one man band i actually have3 members of staff working for me and looking to recruit more.

We are not parasites and we do have supplier agreements in place with a number of leading Consultancies / Companies, we do not take anything from any candidate neither do we deduct anything from a candidates pay rate, what we do is we have a % fee agreed with the clients, so when we contact a candidate we will always ask and find out what the pay rate is you require, we will then put that to our client, if it is accepted then we simply charge a % of the agreed pay rate so it will not effect the pay of the candidates at all. Infact the higher you pay rate the more we receive as a fee, hence we always try to get our candidates the pay rate they want.

With regards to the website this will be up and running very soon, it is currently being worked on.

So there you go, we are not parasites or a one man band, however what you will receive is a high level of service.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    There are many parasites whose business model consists of trying to insert themselves in the chain between the worker and the end client, without adding any value at all. It hurts me to say it but they even make normal agents look like your friends.
    I had one donkey's years ago where the chain was about 5 long. Fortunately it was only a week's work and I was happy with the rate I got, but I did wonder how much the client was paying.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Good luck if anyone lands a gig with Halcrow. I doubt it will be me, they don't look like needing my skills presently. I feel my initial scepticism of this bloke is justified though.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    There are many parasites whose business model consists of trying to insert themselves in the chain between the worker and the end client, without adding any value at all. It hurts me to say it but they even make normal agents look like your friends.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    By Googling around a little on the pimps jobs postings I have found that this bloke has simply copied/pasted his "vacancies" from Halcrow's website. I'm going to approach Halcrow directly but if required work through an agency that I know and trust. The pimp wasn't too clever just copy/pasting from Halcrow, it took me all of 30 seconds to see where the jobs had actually come from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X