• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War chests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to head of testing

mate, don't sweat the responses...

i don't smoke
    or drink
    or go out much...

doesn't mean I have no life...

instead i spend money on other stuff like audio visual gear, cars..chilling with my wife on the PS3, etc...watch martial movies.....(if anyone is into martial movies, IP MAN with donnie yen is pretty good)

each to their own....everyone has different interests....

as long as everyone has enough to get themselves by in this difficult time, that is the most important...

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Ah...

I've tried that. It doesn't work for me. To my mind there's no point being filthy rich if I can't share it with someone.
      You could have always bought a dog. Or a cat.

Nomadd
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

My war chest is piss poor.

Currently about £6k... Wife just found out she is pregnant (this morning)... In the middle of recession

Seriously tulipting myself and going to be putting as much as possible into savings...

Amazed at the £200k + some people have... Congrats

Comment

dx4100 Congratulations to you and the missus!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
            In fairness I was quoting Turion
            Nothing personal anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dropcliffsnotbombs View Post
              dx4100 Congratulations to you and the missus!!

Thank you very much... Its early days, only the first test so cant get excited too much (although I am doing)... Isn't it 12 weeks before you know your relatively safe ?

Comment

Isn't it 12 weeks before you know your relatively safe ?
                I'm no expert but that is when a scan is usually done.

Try not to worry about the finances too much and look after the missus.

Comment

Originally posted by dropcliffsnotbombs View Post
                  I'm no expert but that is when a scan is usually done.

Try not to worry about the finances too much and look after the missus.
                  Will try not to We have a very strong family unit so if the tulip hit the fan we always have people who would be willing to help

Anyway, sorry for changing the direction of the thread

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                    WTH??? how much do you charge??
                    Nothing, since February. Before that, quite a good rate but mitigated by various factors such as divorce, new family, age (==> max 10-year mortgage) and travelling expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
                      mate, don't sweat the responses...

i don't smoke
                      or drink
                      or go out much...

doesn't mean I have no life...

instead i spend money on other stuff like audio visual gear, cars..chilling with my wife on the PS3, etc...watch martial movies.....(if anyone is into martial movies, IP MAN with donnie yen is pretty good)

each to their own....everyone has different interests....

as long as everyone has enough to get themselves by in this difficult time, that is the most important...

i am a martial arts fan. IP man was superb. I am looking forward to ipman 2 which will show ipman meeting bruce lee and training him. I jus wonder who will play bruce lee.

Comment

Working...
                      X