• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War chests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War chests

Is it just me or has anyone else NOT got a war chest and is starting to feel slightly nauseous?

Originally posted by Belle View Post
    Is it just me or has anyone else NOT got a war chest and is starting to feel slightly nauseous?
    Went through that 2 years ago. Ended up out-of-contract for 9 months with zero cash in the company account. Not a nice experience. This time I kept everything back for a rainy day. Bloody good job too, as the market appears pretty fooked at the moment.

Mind you, it seems to be getting slightly busier on Jobserve. So who knows, maybe things are improving?

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

You are not alone
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        You are not alone
        Phew..feeling the warm glow of shared panic!

Comment

Phew..feeling the warm glow of shared panic!
          Same here.......war chest will only last another 2 weeks
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Just out of curiousity... whilst on the bench ... how much are you paying yourself?

Comment

yeah, flat-chested here too.

Well, been using what little there was while the missus is out of work. Things are definitely picking up though and I'm trying to stockpile cash in my mattress.

Comment

Originally posted by hmmm View Post
                Just out of curiousity... whilst on the bench ... how much are you paying yourself?
                Not on the bench yet but will be in August...and have about one month's worth of stockpile to keep the family fed, clothed and housed. Hence the feeling of panic starting to rise slowly in the throat...
                Last edited by Belle; 8 July 2009, 05:35.

Comment

No warchest here.

8 months into contracting, still paying off all the extraneous debt built up as a permie. Once that lot has gone, hopefully by the end of the year, then I'll build up the warchest.
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

been benched almost 7 months but have around £310k net cash reserves remaining...I learned my lesson in 2001/2 which was extremely rough for me...

Comment

Working...
                    X