• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very very cheeky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very cheeky

Just seen this on jobserve, they're offering a contract with a route into a permi position, but the rate is v poor. they're asking you to contract at permi rates.

My Yorkshire based client is offering an excellent opportunity; they are currently looking for a Project Manager who has strong planning experience. You will be involved in a new project developing new sites and facilities. Planning and organising a broad range of complex activities within your specific projects and formulating strategic plans to take the agenda forward over the next 3-5 year planning cycle. Therefore you must have an excellent knowledge of IT Infrastructure, and planning, the project manager needs to have excellent communication skills and be well presented, as they will be interfacing with a new supplier and internal teams. Identifying risks and issues, which may have an effect on delivery of new, polices, procedures and services. One of the essential outputs is a contract schedule which are dependent upon the information provided by the support team hence the need for someone with good communication skills (written and verbal).

Applicants must be highly motivated and self-starting individual.

There will be an opportunity for the successful applicant to transfer from contract to permanent. Please be aware the contract rate is approx £180-200 per day which will be the equivalent salary

The whole market is going tits-up I feel.

Originally posted by Soled73 View Post
    Yorkshire based client
    'Nuff said

Comment

Supply and demand. Demand will increase but it's taking enough flippin time to get moving ...

Comment

Just seen this on jobserve, they're offering a contract with a route into a permi position, but the rate is v poor. they're asking you to contract at permi rates.

My Yorkshire based client is offering an excellent opportunity; they are currently looking for a Project Manager who has strong planning experience. You will be involved in a new project developing new sites and facilities. Planning and organising a broad range of complex activities within your specific projects and formulating strategic plans to take the agenda forward over the next 3-5 year planning cycle. Therefore you must have an excellent knowledge of IT Infrastructure, and planning, the project manager needs to have excellent communication skills and be well presented, as they will be interfacing with a new supplier and internal teams. Identifying risks and issues, which may have an effect on delivery of new, polices, procedures and services. One of the essential outputs is a contract schedule which are dependent upon the information provided by the support team hence the need for someone with good communication skills (written and verbal).

Applicants must be highly motivated and self-starting individual.

There will be an opportunity for the successful applicant to transfer from contract to permanent. Please be aware the contract rate is approx £180-200 per day which will be the equivalent salary

The whole market is going tits-up I feel.
        Don't apply if you don't like the terms.
        The market has already been "tits-up" for a while, and is actually picking up slightly now.

HTH

Comment

My Yorkshire based client is offering an excellent opportunity;
          I was thinking about starting a campaign to outlaw the usage of the words "excellent" and "opportunity" in close proximity in any form of job ad

...but then I realized that all the agents in this world would end up in jail

...and now I'm really enthusiastic about the idea.

Comment

It's a contract to perm role. I don't see what the problem is.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              It's a contract to perm role. I don't see what the problem is.

Would have thought the contract role was paid at contract rates and the permi at permi rates.

Comment

Can't see that working....

You've done an excellent job as a contractor, so now we'd like to take you on permanently, will you take a £20k cut?
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                  Can't see that working....

You've done an excellent job as a contractor, so now we'd like to take you on permanently, will you take a £20k cut?
                  It used to work in investment banking. But they would add and we'll give you a nice 20% bonus once a year. Nowadays it's more difficult and some of the contractors who took the perm jobs are kicking themselves as all talk of their 20% bonus has gone for the time being.

Comment

Shameless ad disguised as a job

This one is similar, I bet the jobe they mention doesn't exist.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X