• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gone perm. Bye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone perm. Bye

The title says it all really. For me the contract market has been dead for months, I've been benched since the beginning of last October and the war chest is now empty.

On the up side the perm role work is interesting, it's a big company in the North West that seem fairly recession proof and it won't do the CV any harm for a medium term stint..well maybe a couple of years.

Montana will have to wait.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    The title says it all really. For me the contract market has been dead for months, I've been benched since the beginning of last October and the war chest is now empty.

On the up side the perm role work is interesting, it's a big company in the North West that seem fairly recession proof and it won't do the CV any harm for a medium term stint..well maybe a couple of years.

Bye then. What's the job?
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      Bye then. What's the job?
      It's mostly .NET Mobile / web / desktop software development with a bit of legacy maintenance chucked in on classic ASP and VB.
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

It's mostly .NET Mobile / web / desktop software development with a bit of legacy maintenance chucked in on classic ASP and VB.
        Congratulations on being able to refill the warchest, even if not in the manner expected.

Comment

Ah well, good luck with the perm^H^H^H^H temporary job - the market's bound to pick up eventually

Do visit any time you're passing

Comment

I was a permy last Wednesday after a spell of six months in the wilderness. It didn't last. I left this Monday, which was too quick to even get my P45 over to personnel.

Comment

Good luck. Close the door on your way out, but hope to see you back here in a couple of years*.

* or next week if things go really badly!
              Cats are evil.

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

Don't go! there are loads of permies who are regulars around here!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good for you Good luck with it, hopefully you can go contract again when the market recovers.
                    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                    X