• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Insurance

My accountant has advised me to get health insurance in order to maximise tax allowance but all of the corporate HI I've seen is for companies with 3 or more employees.

Can anyone recommend a scheme for business with 1 person?

(It needs to be in my business' name...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Cojak, the only reason to get health insurance (and do you mean medical insurance to pay doctors' bills or the sort that pays you a monthly amount if you cannot work?) is because you need it. Never take out any cover like this purely because it is tax efficient - 7 times out of 10 you will find the tortuous T&Cs nullify your claim in any case.

Comment

Plus the fact my accountant told me it was best to pay for the premiums personally otherwise any payout is hit for tax!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        Plus the fact my accountant told me it was best to pay for the premiums personally otherwise any payout is hit for tax!!

But your accountant isn't getting a kick back from the provider is he

Comment

Another alternative would be to have an unnecessary operation, like a double hand amputation, this way you could claim a disability allowance and offset all those gadgets from the tax bill.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just been through this discussion. Have organised a scheme through a very good broker. Basically, the minimum number of people that I could find was for 2 - that was with 2 companies. No-one seemed to do it just for one employee.

If you want more details send me an private message.

Comment

Thanks for all replies, chaps.

I'll probably forget about this one...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X