• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Health Insurance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Health Insurance"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Thanks for all replies, chaps.

I'll probably forget about this one...

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Just been through this discussion. Have organised a scheme through a very good broker. Basically, the minimum number of people that I could find was for 2 - that was with 2 companies. No-one seemed to do it just for one employee.

If you want more details send me an private message.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Another alternative would be to have an unnecessary operation, like a double hand amputation, this way you could claim a disability allowance and offset all those gadgets from the tax bill.

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    Plus the fact my accountant told me it was best to pay for the premiums personally otherwise any payout is hit for tax!!

But your accountant isn't getting a kick back from the provider is he

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Plus the fact my accountant told me it was best to pay for the premiums personally otherwise any payout is hit for tax!!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Cojak, the only reason to get health insurance (and do you mean medical insurance to pay doctors' bills or the sort that pays you a monthly amount if you cannot work?) is because you need it. Never take out any cover like this purely because it is tax efficient - 7 times out of 10 you will find the tortuous T&Cs nullify your claim in any case.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Health Insurance

Health Insurance

My accountant has advised me to get health insurance in order to maximise tax allowance but all of the corporate HI I've seen is for companies with 3 or more employees.

Can anyone recommend a scheme for business with 1 person?

(It needs to be in my business' name...)

Working...
X