• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The NHS, Banking, Insurance, Law & Criminal Justice Sectors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    No trust me Banking people are 'special' - I did a so called Banking role before - never again.

Scary Stuff.

Hard Working Bankers.

Best Sector to work in ?

Engineering - they actually understand what you are saying.
    Couldn't agree more. I work with Engineers and Traders - I'll take the Engineers any time.
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Really only started to notice the "previous NHS experience required" postings shortly after the IT banking sector started to nose dive, coincidence? Think not

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
        ... Can in general be forgotten about unless you have experience in those sectors, despite whether or not you have the experience and can easily do the actual roles.
        Well I was asked by NHS ClientCo this week to join an interview panel interviewing some contractors (even though I'm a contractor as well) for an analyst position.

Several applied, some with NHS experience, some without, but it was the chap with no experience of the NHS who got the job. He was simply the best on the day. Good experience as an analyst/developer and came over the best in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          For banking there is a good reason. The users are total morons. You have to be able to tolerate them.

An "outsider" is a risk.
          Very true. They are also very conservative with a small "c", in the sense of not liking change. Anyone likely to rock the boat isn't wanted.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
            Well I was asked by NHS ClientCo this week to join an interview panel interviewing some contractors (even though I'm a contractor as well) for an analyst position.

Several applied, some with NHS experience, some without, but it was the chap with no experience of the NHS who got the job. He was simply the best on the day. Good experience as an analyst/developer and came over the best in the interview.
            Perhaps this time 'cos you were there!

I think biggest obstacle is getting TO the interview stage, but it depends on role etc.
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
              I was asked by NHS ClientCo this week to join an interview panel interviewing some contractors.
              I wish you had been on mine......!!

Comment

Working...
              X