• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The NHS, Banking, Insurance, Law & Criminal Justice Sectors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NHS, Banking, Insurance, Law & Criminal Justice Sectors...

... Can in general be forgotten about unless you have experience in those sectors, despite whether or not you have the experience and can easily do the actual roles.

That's my tip for the day. Peace out.

rubbish....! sorry..... generalization!

my last 2 jobs were asset management and NHS dev roles.....never done anything in those sectors before.

Comment

Are you a Freemason?
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
        ... Can in general be forgotten about unless you have experience in those sectors, despite whether or not you have the experience and can easily do the actual roles.

What other sectors are there?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Outsourcing, Councils, Sales and street corners.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Telecoms?
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Telco, Central Gov, Public, Transport etc

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                rubbish....! sorry..... generalization!

my last 2 jobs were asset management and NHS dev roles.....never done anything in those sectors before.
                With all due respect, I don't think much business knowledge is necessary to do those kinds of roles as the skillset is pretty much static and hence you can more easily find the work. Is that a fair assessment?

Comment

All a load of crap. All the job ads I have seen so far in the past two weeks in those sectors all demand a 'healthy' amount of experience in those sectors and that is stated clearly on the jobspec.

Maybe it's because clients are feeling they can be a whole lot more picky now that there are loads of people on the bench, or so one argument goes.

As an example I got (another) call today and the agent went through the job spec with me and we ticked off all the boxes; had the role experience in spades. Then we get to the last box, 'must have experience in this sector to be considered for this position'.

Frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post

For banking there is a good reason. The users are total morons. You have to be able to tolerate them.

An "outsider" is a risk.

Comment

Working...
                    X