• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever had a contract fall through after signing ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Start getting your CV out there.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Yes, its anoying when this happens. Its worse when you're actually told in the interview that you have the job then it falls through.

Has happened to me 3 times, twice with the same client!

Diddly squat you can do except start looking!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Send your CV out tomorrow. Why wait? If all is in order, then you'll get calls, and you'll simply say - not looking. If it isn't then you really don't need to lose a day.

btw - it's happened to once that a contract failed to take off. It was through McGregor Boyle (sp?) to Enron (really!). First the contract start was delayed a week. Then it was cancelled. Enron paid MB the one week notice period, and they paid me. And I started a new contract the day after I was supposed to start the Enron one. I guess, strictly, I lost a days billing, but I didn't care; I enjoyed the unexpected time off.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well, i've sent my CV out for a role close to home so we'll see what happens there.

In other news the agent just called to say the new PO hasn't made it to his desk yet, but my personel number has. He said he would have been concerned if this had not happened, but since it has things are proceeding.

To be fair to him he's been pretty above board so far, or is an acomplished liar.

Oh hang on, he *is* an agent isn't he ?

Comment

Well, its all sorted. Start tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolly View Post
              Well, its all sorted. Start tomorrow.
              Glad for you that it was just a paperwork cockup, get the cash in the bank

Comment

My second contract was delayed by a fortnight... turned out to be the best thing ever as i got an offer for a weeks work inbetween in a far and exotic place.
                Wife got a free holiday and I got an extra client
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Good news that. I once had a contrract fall through at 8.30pm on a Friday evening when I was due a start the following Monday. Luckily it only took a week to get another gig lined up. If it happened this week, it might be a different stry though.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    My second contract was delayed by a fortnight... turned out to be the best thing ever as i got an offer for a weeks work inbetween in a far and exotic place.
                    Wife got a free holiday and I got an extra client
                    Scunthorpe ?

Comment

Working...
                    X