• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Has this become more prevelant recently?

Last time i looked for a contract about 2 years ago a few agents tried it.

Now 80% seem to have a go.
    I don't know what I am doing wrong but I haven't had an agent ask me this yet. Maybe they have in the past and I just ignored it but can't remember ever applying for a role that didn't exist
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Must be the season

i get my daily job emails sift trhough them see what i like the look of, just in case

but the last week must of been idiots day or some such thing,

three calls same day different agency's

we had the chat, what is your notice period, what salary are you after etc etc
      my favorite response is " If your client is interested in me and my skills they will pay me what they think im worth to there company." at this point then go silent as they can not enter that into there box.

other comments are;

I've got a meeting with a client on Tuesday and ill be sure to take along your Cv.
      I ask them for a blank email to confirm contact details, then a few day's later i play there game.

Hi just emailing on an update on those positions you mentioned, etc

there funny creatures, but sometimes a necessary evil

Comment

Anyone know Henlow Group?

I am getting calls from them and I am suspicious that they are trying to fish details like if I have any recent interviews and who the customer is and what position I am applying for. I got three calls till now and have a suspicion that I got call from same person with no number displayed but telling me different names and company. I asked one of them to call from their office number and he called from his mobile.

Now they have sent me a form to fill in my entire cv details along with any interviews I am attending and said the customer will release the details only if I submit that form.

I never divulged any information. Also do companies care whether we are doing any interviews?

A quick look at jobs posted by them in jobserve shows a same pattern and format used with slightly different requirements and very high daily rate.

Any thought on this from seniors welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nemosdad View Post
          I am getting calls from them and I am suspicious that they are trying to fish details like if I have any recent interviews and who the customer is and what position I am applying for. I got three calls till now and have a suspicion that I got call from same person with no number displayed but telling me different names and company. I asked one of them to call from their office number and he called from his mobile.

Now they have sent me a form to fill in my entire cv details along with any interviews I am attending and said the customer will release the details only if I submit that form.

I never divulged any information. Also do companies care whether we are doing any interviews?

A quick look at jobs posted by them in jobserve shows a same pattern and format used with slightly different requirements and very high daily rate.

Any thought on this from seniors welcome.

I'm moving this to the 2 references thread, I would advise that you read it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            This one popped up on Jobserve this morning, advertised by Anantha:
            Anantha was founded by the same guy as Jobtardis. Bob agency.

Anantha's wonderful catchphrase is "Sound Like a Challenge? You Betcha!"

To me that sounds more like "Got a problem? we'll try, but we're going to struggle!"

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Anantha was founded by the same guy as Jobtardis. Bob agency.

Anantha's wonderful catchphrase is "Sound Like a Challenge? You Betcha!"

To me that sounds more like "Got a problem? we'll try, but we're going to struggle!"
              Ah yes, jobtards. Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I'm moving this to the 2 references thread, I would advise that you read it.
                Oh by the way that's from a company called Henlow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                  Jamie Kerry from Henlow Associates.

'Been up all weekend going through hundreds of CV's for a role and found 3 people, you are one of them!' etc.

Requires details of 3 past Interviews before you can be submitted for a role via Accenture for a contract 40% over market rate. Details needed include interviewer name, Interviewer Position, Company, Daily Rate.

Henlow actually have a form for this that you complete and send back

'As part of the recruitment process and requested by our client please provide the details of your most recent 3 interviews.'

'Please send back completed form as quickly as possible to enable us to progress your application.'

I did not play ball, guess what, no call back.
                  That's exactly the same pattern and mail I got from them, I didn't respond and it stopped.

Comment

When an agent asks "have you got any other interviews lined up?" or "Have you had any interviews lately?" what do you normally respond with?

I usually say "no, I haven't had any" even though I have had other interviews but didn't get the roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Manz View Post
                      When an agent asks "have you got any other interviews lined up?" or "Have you had any interviews lately?" what do you normally respond with?

I usually say "no, I haven't had any" even though I have had other interviews but didn't get the roles.
                      My standard line when asked that fishing question is 'no, just started looking'

Comment

Working...
                      X