• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
    15 minutes before asking for references....grrrr

Scumbag: yea client has had their fingers burnt before so they are asking for 2 references at this stage.

Me: thats a shame as I only give them out at interview.

Scumbag: they only want names and companies, not phone numbers...thats how you know we wont call. Would you be comfortable with that?

Me: no, not at all....

Game over....thank you for playing
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Evil Agencies!!

Removed
      Last edited by SneakySimon; 11 January 2010, 22:26. Reason: Removed

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
        agencies are scum
        ...so don't use them. Find your own work.

You need us as much as we need you, don't forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by P1mpAndPr0ud View Post

Well said
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yes, well said.

The average contractor certainly does not like it up em and will refuse to do there own cold calling, lazy feckwits!
            I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Not entirely accurate. A contractor can find work without an agent. An agent can't place a contractor without a contractor.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Not entirely accurate. A contractor can find work without an agent. An agent can't place a contractor without a contractor.

It is as accurate as you are going to get from a recruitment agent
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Well said
                  Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
                  Yes, well said.

The average contractor certainly does not like it up em and will refuse to do there own cold calling, lazy flipwits!
                  There's no need to cold-call when I've only got to place one person (me) and everybody relevant in my industry knows what I'm doing. It's called maintaining a network. If more contractors did it you'd be out of a job so button it you bolshy lot...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    There's no need to cold-call when I've only got to place one person (me) and everybody relevant in my industry knows what I'm doing. It's called maintaining a network. If more contractors did it you'd be out of a job so button it you bolshy lot...
                    No, they wouldn't. Their friends in HR, whether ex-agents themselves or just on the christmas list, would rule that you have to go through an agent even if you have already got the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      No, they wouldn't. Their friends in HR, whether ex-agents themselves or just on the christmas list, would rule that you have to go through an agent even if you have already got the contract.
                      Ok, they'd still have a job, just less BMWs parked up at home.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X