• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
    Not me, that's the wife!
    Jings !!!

Comment

whats the opinions/thoughts of agencies requiring references even tho the contract has been accepted. I have looked at the terms and succesful references are also required, below

This Contract is subject to the provision of satisfactory references. Failure to provide details of relevant referees could result in the termination of this Contract with immediate effect, without notice, and without payment in lieu of notice.

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
        whats the opinions/thoughts of agencies requiring references even tho the contract has been accepted. I have looked at the terms and succesful references are also required, below

This Contract is subject to the provision of satisfactory references. Failure to provide details of relevant referees could result in the termination of this Contract with immediate effect, without notice, and without payment in lieu of notice.
        Offer to provide them directly to the client.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post

If you are opted in, then the agency has a legal requirement to check the references.

Just give them two of your mates and be done with it.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If you are opted in, then the agency has a legal requirement to check the references.

Just give them two of your mates and be done with it.
            If they actually land you the job then maybe there is no harm if they then try and lobby them for business. After all if they can place you they must be bl**dy good
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              If they actually land you the job then maybe there is no harm if they then try and lobby them for business. After all if they can place you they must be bl**dy good
              WHS, after all how do you think the agent you speak to is in with the client?? Could it be recruitment fairies,?!
              I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Yet another rec consultant ringing me

Saying hes got lots of jobs…….

Rec -Can he have two reference as it makes applications stand out

Me - No

Rec - Do you know anyone who would be interested in IT manager role in London

Me - What salary

Rec - Yes its permanent

Me - Where at

Rec - Er I don’t know I will have to check

Me - Are you just waiting my time here? Good Bye
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

Was standing in the queue for the cash machine yesterday during lunch time and this Indian guy and friend get in line behind me. I am sure they are IT folk in my current clinetCo. Conversation went something like this...

Indian Guy: "so he asks me for the names of the managers in the department so I tell him the names of them, I mean I thought he was genuine and now I know he was looking for..."

Friend "..the names.."

Indian Guy: "..yes"

Must have been some mighty pissed of managers

Comment

Hays pulled this one with me the other day, a firm thanks but no thanks was given
                    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
                    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

15 minutes before asking for references....grrrr

Scumbag: yea client has had their fingers burnt before so they are asking for 2 references at this stage.

Me: thats a shame as I only give them out at interview.

Scumbag: they only want names and companies, not phone numbers...thats how you know we wont call. Would you be comfortable with that?

Me: no, not at all....

Game over....thank you for playing

Comment

Working...
                      X