• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are they fishing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they fishing?

Thoughts?

http://jobserve.com/W0D385F12BCCB2794.jsjob

TM

Contract role, "acting as an Employment Agency", multiple variants of software knowlege required rather than asking for knowledge of collaboration tools in general... what do you think?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If that's your skill set and you're available why not send your CV in. you might get lucky

Comment

I'm always wary when they claim to be recruiting for a "consultancy" and more so if its a "major consultancy".
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
          I'm always wary when they claim to be recruiting for a "consultancy" and more so if its a "major consultancy".
          Would that be EDS, Accenture, and co?

Are they really that bad from this end, regardless of how poorly they seem to do for their clients? Would we get tarnished with a bad brush by having worked for them?
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Are they really that bad from this end, regardless of how poorly they seem to do for their clients? Would we get tarnished with a bad brush by having worked for them?
            Worked for both of those, and IBM, SAP, Serco, Axon, Arinso, Capita, Deloite and soon CSC. Most of my work comes through these IT supplier companies as so many big co's have outsourced their IT now. Do prefer end clients though

Comment

I've only ever worked through a consultancy once. Never again - it's bad enough having to work with them. I'd consider working through SAP though.
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 April 2008, 11:24.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

I have avoided them like the plague in the past but reecnt experience has taught me otherwise. I know a few good people who work in companies like these and it's the higher ups that cause the pain and the staff are generally doing a good job.

A few agencies have seen the large consultancies on the CV and seem to like it.

NN
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

I don't think its any of them. There is a large sharepoint consultancy some distance south of Reading, which has advertised for staff on Jobserve in the past - and currently on their website - just looked. They do a lot of partner events with MS - which is what brings them to mind. The interesting part is their jobserve adverts always said no agencies. Anyone want to know, pm me.

Comment

Fishing

The ATSCO code of practice has a wonderful phrase for what they're advertising. It's called "a real potential vacancy". Not a potential potential vacancy you understand: that would be against the guidelines. It has to be "a real potential vacancy".

Comment

Working...
                    X