• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Are they fishing?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are they fishing?"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've only ever worked through a consultancy once. Never again - it's bad enough having to work with them. I'd consider working through SAP though.
    I've had some bad experiences with them, a few years back they decided to take on implementations themselves and made a right dogs dinner of most of them. They've retreated back to selling s/w and daily rate consultancy as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Fishing

The ATSCO code of practice has a wonderful phrase for what they're advertising. It's called "a real potential vacancy". Not a potential potential vacancy you understand: that would be against the guidelines. It has to be "a real potential vacancy".

Leave a comment:

• dmini
    replied
    I don't think its any of them. There is a large sharepoint consultancy some distance south of Reading, which has advertised for staff on Jobserve in the past - and currently on their website - just looked. They do a lot of partner events with MS - which is what brings them to mind. The interesting part is their jobserve adverts always said no agencies. Anyone want to know, pm me.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Would that be EDS, Accenture, and co?

Are they really that bad from this end, regardless of how poorly they seem to do for their clients? Would we get tarnished with a bad brush by having worked for them?
    I have avoided them like the plague in the past but reecnt experience has taught me otherwise. I know a few good people who work in companies like these and it's the higher ups that cause the pain and the staff are generally doing a good job.

A few agencies have seen the large consultancies on the CV and seem to like it.

NN

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've only ever worked through a consultancy once. Never again - it's bad enough having to work with them. I'd consider working through SAP though.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 April 2008, 11:24.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post

Are they really that bad from this end, regardless of how poorly they seem to do for their clients? Would we get tarnished with a bad brush by having worked for them?
    Worked for both of those, and IBM, SAP, Serco, Axon, Arinso, Capita, Deloite and soon CSC. Most of my work comes through these IT supplier companies as so many big co's have outsourced their IT now. Do prefer end clients though

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    I'm always wary when they claim to be recruiting for a "consultancy" and more so if its a "major consultancy".

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    I'm always wary when they claim to be recruiting for a "consultancy" and more so if its a "major consultancy".

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    If that's your skill set and you're available why not send your CV in. you might get lucky

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Contract role, "acting as an Employment Agency", multiple variants of software knowlege required rather than asking for knowledge of collaboration tools in general... what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• themistry
    started a topic Are they fishing?

Are they fishing?

Thoughts?

http://jobserve.com/W0D385F12BCCB2794.jsjob

TM

Working...
X