• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is agent taking the mick.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not fully understandng this discussion.

Train season tickets can be returned for a refund.

Ok, so you lose something, but nowhere near not the whole lot.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
      I'm not fully understandng this discussion.

Train season tickets can be returned for a refund.

Ok, so you lose something, but nowhere near not the whole lot.

tim
      Precisely, things just don't smell right. Doubt we'll get a staight answer though. Probably more abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Precisely, things just don't smell right. Doubt we'll get a staight answer though. Probably more abuse.
        Abuse??, out of the door, turn right, two doors along.

silly bunt

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You're both assuming I didn't also get the rail ticket refunded. After all I had lost a week's potential billing.

I also refunded the car parking, but since they charge a £45 handling fee, that wasn't exactly a zero-sum transaction either.

As for the programme being cancellable, it wasn't: since it was a major corporate upgrade, it's still going on and will be for another year or so. What happened was a partner decided he wanted to be in charge so moved the ownership, deleted the original funding stream and put his own people in charge. Petty corporate politics at its best, nothing to do with good business practice.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Were you starting the gig in the afternoon then?

Sudden Gig Cancellation (SGC) is another contracting risk. Clauses in the contract allow no notice cancellation of gigs for any reason if they have not already started. Another reason one should not celebrate until you are actually on site and working. Personally, even after I accept an offer, I do not cancel interviews and keep applying for gigs right up until I'm on site for this very reason - and the fact that something better may come up.
            Personally, I wait until the first invoice is in the bank, then crack open a bottle of bubbly.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Personally, I wait until the first invoice is in the bank, then crack open a bottle of bubbly.
              To be safe, hold off celebrating for 7 years, after which one should be free from tax investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                You're both assuming I didn't also get the rail ticket refunded. .
                I'm not assuming anything. I was responding to that which you wrote, hence my comment about not understanding the conversation.

tim

Comment

Still no contact from pimp , Guess that`s that then.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                    Sounds to me if the pimp is trying to find people who will work for a lower rate.
                    I'm half inclined to agree, I had an interview sorted a rate then the agency told me the rate has been dropped 50 quid a day by the client ...yea right. if I'm still interested.... no thanks
                    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Working...
                    X