• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember me..???? I am the one reached 1000 applications...!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won an Audi A3 when I downloaded

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
      I won an Audi A3 when I downloaded

tim
      Hello

I looked at your new document `TestManager_CV_Improved.doc'

The profile is way too large! A maximum of two sentences is required, because no recruiter is going to read all the stuff you wanted there include "logical results" and "highly motivated team player". It;s bit like saying this "This Company is the Best so come and work for ys", because no one quite believes the marketing. Sure every company consider themselves to be the best to work for. What is your USP - Unique Selling Point?

Education Qualification -- put it to the top the page under the Header "Brain Davies " new line "B.Sc Natural History 2-1" new address "Imperial College" newline "123 Clifton Avenue, blah bah"

Put the education in detail to wards the end of the CV before "Other Information"

The CV is still a page too long I think. So might want to cut down the Vodafone UK, Research Machines, O2

You can go into detail for this at the face-2-face interview or special prepare this in an expanded separate CV only if the agent/client ask for this.

Basically it is much better for recruiter to skim through quickly and then at detail go through a fine tooth comb when they phone you up about a job specification.

Reduce the profile crap and expand on your "achievements"

Good luck!

Comment

You'll get the odd bit of conflicting advice on here from now on - the best thing to do now is to decide yourself which piece of advice is best for you and your CV.

Maybe you should stop tinkering with it now Darren and just let it loose in the world.

Remember, be a bit picky when you send it out to agents. Don't flood the market with it - agents can smell desperation a mile off.

Good Luck!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Guys,

Thanks again for the feedback...I am removing my CV from hosted site..
          I will update the progress..hopefully soon..

help from this forum is much appreciated..

Thanks,
          Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            Guys,

Thanks again for the feedback...I am removing my CV from hosted site..
            I will update the progress..hopefully soon..

help from this forum is much appreciated..

Thanks,
            Darren
            Hi there,

Can you pop back up for a while, or email over for a quick look? (I am a curious sod...)

Sounds like things have gone very well for you

Comment

It's nice when everyone pulls together and helps to work out issues faced by others. Makes this a better place.

I wish the whole world was like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                It's nice when everyone pulls together and helps to work out issues faced by others. Makes this a better place.

I wish the whole world was like this.
                Denny would be proud...
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

because he didn't wtite this...

Hi there!

Please help!!

I need a cv that will guarantee me a job the moment I submit it to an agent!!!!!

I'm afraid that I can't be arsed haven't got the time to write one myself but I wondered if you could write one for me? My skills are...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ah, normal service has been restored.

edit-> missed the title...
                    Last edited by NotAllThere; 3 March 2008, 14:03. Reason: Didn't read the title of previous post, so this makes no sense. Well, less sense than usual.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      You'll get the odd bit of conflicting advice on here from now on - the best thing to do now is to decide yourself which piece of advice is best for you and your CV.

Maybe you should stop tinkering with it now Darren and just let it loose in the world.

Remember, be a bit picky when you send it out to agents. Don't flood the market with it - agents can smell desperation a mile off.

Good Luck!
                      WSS
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X