• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Expenses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Denny - welcome back. You're still wrong though. One day you'll work out the true relationship between contractor and EB...
    Please do not encourage her, I am not sure the CUK SAN has the capacity to accomodate her return.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think she's saying that when we go to an interview, we are representing the agency. Therefore they should pay the costs. Perhaps they should also pay my daily rate, for the time I've taken to go to the interview.

Can't see how it can be enforced, except through legislation. Oh, goody, more government interference.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I think she's saying that when we go to an interview, we are representing the agency. Therefore they should pay the costs. Perhaps they should also pay my daily rate, for the time I've taken to go to the interview.

Can't see how it can be enforced, except through legislation. Oh, goody, more government interference.
        They are not representing the agency they are representing themselves. They are not employed by the agency when they go for the interview, they probably dont even mention the agency at the interview.

Contractors like to think that they are a business so pay for your own interview. Having said that everything is negotiable, and as I have said elsewher I know you like your rules and boundaries (and therfore your legislation), but again life is just not that simple.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          They are not representing the agency they are representing themselves. They are not employed by the agency when they go for the interview, they probably dont even mention the agency at the interview.

Contractors like to think that they are a business so pay for your own interview. Having said that everything is negotiable, and as I have said elsewher I know you like your rules and boundaries (and therfore your legislation), but again life is just not that simple.
          Which is what I was saying to Denny. She won't listen, and too many others don't understand. Ho hum....
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by abc View Post
            Note also that it has been reported on another thread that some agencies actually charge an "appearance fee" for a contractor.
            Can you point me at the thread 'cos I wanna contribute - but I can't find it (I must be being particularly stupid today.)
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Which is what I was saying to Denny. She won't listen, and too many others don't understand. Ho hum....
              Sorry MV for repeating you

Comment

[QUOTE=Denny;336239]As you know, I don't normally reply on this forum but I feel strongly about this issue, and decided to demystify some of the pro-recruiter, anti contractor advice posted on this site.

-------
                Yes you are not the only one who has noticed this bias, I sometimes wonder if the bulletin board should really be called "Agents/EBs UK".

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  They are not representing the agency they are representing themselves.
                  Certainly my view. Which is why I'm always happy to discuss rates and margins with the client.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

[QUOTE=abc;337430]
                    Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    As you know, I don't normally reply on this forum but I feel strongly about this issue, and decided to demystify some of the pro-recruiter, anti contractor advice posted on this site.

-------
                    Yes you are not the only one who has noticed this bias, I sometimes wonder if the bulletin board should really be called "Agents/EBs UK".
                    With only one regular agent posting?????

Comment

[QUOTE=DodgyAgent;337818]
                      Originally posted by abc View Post

With only one regular agent posting?????
                      Confused or just disingenuous?

How do you manage to calculate that number with such precision?
                      You've got some magic program that can convert a randomly chosen User name into a real identity have you?

I exclude your good self from this of course, as you are at least honest enough to admit that you are an agent, which is nice. But in my opinion it would be quite naive to expect that all agents who might post here are going to just admit to it, when they know that it would not help them to achieve their objective.

We all know that the average agent tells a lie three times before breakfast, just to limber up for the day ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X