• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable have the debt, ESS have the work in progress.

The debt was sold to Cable, the WIP was sold to ESS. (company name removed to protect the not guilty)

The administrator has taken two actions after he was nominated

1.1 To sell the debt of Veritas to a company called Cable Finance. The consequence is that the administrator received money from Cable Finance. What monies due from {COMPANY NAME} to Veritas for work properly invoiced is not due to and recoverable by Cable Finance. Cable Finance now own the rights to demand that money from and {COMPANY NAME} will be legally obliged to pay those monies in full whether or not Veritas has paid it out to any contractor. This debt includes all money that has been invoiced for and all money that Veritas could have invoiced for based on timesheets submitted and approved. So even if Veritas have not as yet sent invoices to {COMPANY NAME} but there are invoices pending or approved timesheets which can be billed to {COMPANY NAME} then they are entitle to bill {COMPANY NAME} accordingly. This is the reason way at the moment we still cannot provide you with the information of what was {COMPANY NAME} billed for. You will have been approached by the administrator who asked you to forward any information about the debt of Veritas to you. The administrator is the entity that supposes to pay the contractors (debtors) out of the monies he received from the Cable Finance.

1.2 To sell the Work In Process (WIP) to ESS as you all know by now. We have not yet been able to confirm the detail of WIP without being assured as to the Invoiced Work payable to Cable Finance.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

BDO – Cable Finance – ESS

The Cable Finance website http://cablefinance.com says this:

“Jonathan Schapira ACA is a Chartered Accountant and licensed IP with over 25 years of insolvency experience. Jonathan has previously worked at BDO Stoy Hayward, PKF and, until recently was a partner at Leonard Curtis, London.”

And this:

“Jonathan Freedman FCA, an experienced Chartered Accountant who has been the Company Secretary of a quoted PLC. He has over 25 years of forensic accountancy expertise.“

Companies House lists Mr Schapira as a director of ESS Recruitment Ltd and U Recruitment Group Ltd (as well as Cable Finance Ltd and other companies). Ditto for Mr Freedman.

It therefore appears Mr Schapira has worked for BDO in the past and is a director of Cable Finance and ESS/U-Recruitment.

I have been trying to understand the relationship between these three parties, and just who owns/purchased what, and if indeed unsecured creditors like myself could have had a better deal. I remain confused, but a little suspicious, enough so to contact Emma Thornton as suggested elsewhere on this blog.

Comment

ICAEW response

Hello thescoobydo

Is it possible to contact you direct? I have heard back from the icaew, and am being asked to supply any information I have concerning the sale of the business. You seem to have this information/evidence. Have you already supplied this to the icaew, and is there an icaew reference you have?

If so, I think I can do no more than write back to them and cross reference my letter to your reference number. The icaew didn’t offer much hope of progressing this to a financial conclusion though, so we may be wasting our time.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thescoobydoo
          Kitwe, my contact details now are <removed>

You really might want to remove that and PM it. The spam bots are logging it for future use right now.....

Comment

Originally posted by thescoobydoo
            Kitwe, my contact details now are [email protected]
            Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            You really might want to remove that and PM it. The spam bots are logging it for future use right now.....
            That's a good idea, Ardesco.

And you should also hope that no-one quotes it, either.

HTH.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Nice one Giller

Confirmed....... my-itjob.com is Jason Gillers new set up. The company is also under is wife name but Gill Fallows ( her maiden name) Call 01908 218010 and ask for the MD and you will get " Jason Giller speaking" Unbelieveable. How dare he set up again in the same industry when he owes so many people. He is a bare face liar. Can't write anymore at the moment as so cross

Comment

website

Sorry made a mistake it is www.my-ijob.com.

Comment

Originally posted by outofwork View Post
                  Sorry made a mistake it is www.my-ijob.com.
                  I think that we should email other contractors regading the history of the directors and managment. They can then make up there minds if they use them or not.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I think that we should email other contractors regading the history of the directors and managment. They can then make up there minds if they use them or not.
                    I've dropped the company a quick email, which anyone else may wish to do, just to ensure that they dont forget that his previous business went bust.
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Current Status

Does anyone have the latest on what's happening with the administrator or with Cable and payments? I understand if this is all dead now but I'd be interested to hear some news.

Comment

Working...
                      X