• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MoD Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That's not very nice! And you being right up the arse of the PCG too!
    Go on then, Mr nodding dog. Explain the linkage between my entirely reasonable post and the PCG...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Go on then, Mr nodding dog. Explain the linkage between my entirely reasonable post and the PCG...
      http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/documents/...clearances.pdf

Is that linkage enough?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

i heard bob and his many many pals can get sc if they have been here 5years or more

which probably means there are a pool of about 60k who are eligible

i wouldnt give anyone who wasnt born in this country SC clearance, as they woudl pose too much of a risk particularly from that neck of the woods

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          i heard bob and his many many pals can get sc if they have been here 5years or more

i wouldnt give anyone who wasnt born in this country SC clearance, as they woudl pose too much of a risk particularly from that neck of the woods
          The residency rules apply to everyone. It is a particular problem for me. I have spent most of the last 10 years on the mainland. I have been told that I will not get cleared in the UK even for a project that has my name all over it because I did the original project in Europe.

Mal: The agents have stopped using the no SC line. They think we wont notice when the job ad says "must have worked in the defence industry in the las 12 months" or similar.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
            Or even better...change your name to Security Cleared... so whenever an agent asks "are you Security Cleared?" you can say yes... best of all, it won't expire either!
            Very good. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Mal: The agents have stopped using the no SC line. They think we wont notice when the job ad says "must have worked in the defence industry in the las 12 months" or similar.
              I know. The Cabinet Office have been writing to REC, APSCo and the major agencies to re-explain the rules and tell them to get in line. There are also hints of more affirmative action, although I won't hold my breath on that bit: at the end of the day, someone with clearance is going to get preference over someone without and, provided they are equally skilled, I don't have a problem with that. It's when you aren't even allowed to apply for a role you can do very well that it all goes wrong.

Still, small steps. It's only taken me 7 years to get this far...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                It's true. However while working for a client that did not require SC I made sure after the 1st extension they brought it over from my x client. SC is like the car, you can't do without it.
                How can this work? If the client you are with now does not require you to have SC clearance how can you bring it across?

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

You don't know the half of it Mr Donuts.

The Americans just laugh at the British 'Security Clearance'.

Comment

How to get SC clearance

To get SC clearance without Gov experience is possible.

You just need to pass this course and you get automatic SC clearance as long as you meet the other qualifying criteria regarding nationality, being a good citizen etc:-

http://www.cesg.gov.uk/products_serv...clas/why.shtml

The only catch - there is a 2 year waiting list!

The plus is that you gain an accreditation that is worth a grand a day!

PZZ
                    Last edited by pzz76077; 7 October 2009, 20:38.

Comment

Worked on a Big Blue site many moons ago which did a lot of MOD work. Given this, I was told that I'd have to sign the Official Secrets Act.

At a subsequent meeting of newbies when they were asking what project each person was working on, I didn't get much further with the process when I said "Marks and Spencer inventory system".

Comment

Working...
                      X