• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2024 Contracting Return!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get quite a lot of approaches via LinkedIn, and most of my contracts are through the platform

Comment

Using the search functionality on LinkedIn is not the way to find roles (at least for my line of work). Only old duffers would think to use it.

Recruitment agents don't post jobs on linkedIn, they just post about the role and signpost it to their agency's website. And normally every recruiter at the same agency share and re-post each other's posts.

So forget about the search functionality. All you need to do is connect with agents working for the agencies that you know from experience recruit for contracts in your field (I know for me there are 3-4 agencies I know are in the supplier list for public sector gigs...another agency I know does the contracts for 2 major banks...and so on) and you'll find contracts just by scrolling through your feed.

Comment

Cold approaches on LinkedIn sound about the worst way to do any of this...
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Just beware of the HMRC tulip you need to wade through. Its not just IR35 now, they are also accusing accountants of being MSCPs in order to brand the clients MSCs. Don't use an accountant if they provide access to a bespoke portal or charge a monthly fee for a service.

For contracts, until I recently went perm I used CWJobs and LinkedIn mostly

Comment

IR35 has changed contracting at banks forever.

Jokes about every day being bonus day and casually mentioning your share in a light aircraft are a thing of the past.

Comment

Working...
            X