• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AI Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    CAVEAT::: I know f*** all about this subject. I just pasted the question and responses into chat-gpt 3.5

I guess it's passed the Turing test
    I don't think it looked like anything a human would write

There have been several recent surveys of key decision makers e.g. CFOs, which indicate there is strong interest in AI and investing in it in the coming year. But I think for most companies, they are nowhere near well equipped to go anywhere near AI. Generative AI is just one example but happens to be the one that is getting all the hype and attention as the next shiny new thing.

However, the reality is many organisations don't even understand their data, can't manage it properly, have lots of siloed and legacy applications and can't even get things like CRM or ERP working. So the chances of them suddenly being able to exploit AI in any meaningful way seems moderate in the short term IMHO.

Comment

I spotted the AI style essay response. Speaking of which, what is this forum doing about AI sockies and (guidelines for?) use of AI generated posting?

Comment

CAVEAT::: I know f*** all about this subject. I just pasted the question and responses into chat-gpt 3.5

I was just about to state the same. I’m pleased you owned up to it.

PS. I’ve just created a whole set of walking guides using Bing, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          What both the above says but we have to consider the contract element of it. It's an emerging tech and there will be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon with a lot of companies investing for the long term. This will likely mean building their internal capability up i.e. perms. There is unlikely to be enough people with enough skill to deliver contractor type services for awhile. I'm not too sure even 6 months in AI is going to be enough to secure that type of work at decent/top rates. Reading up on it/courses/home tinkering isn't enough to get people in to mainstream IT contracts let alone emerging tech.

A few people might get lucky having a hand in somewhere but I don't think there is going to be much work out there for your average contractor bod that fancies a change of tech for awhile yet. That's not to say start doing everything you can to prepare but its going to be difficult to gain the skills and experience you need to sell back to a client in the short term.

A contractor only needs to be the best candidate for the job, not the perfect one, there will certainly be more competition for the top-end rates but to get a foot in the door 6 months of tinkering can be enough. Looking over a 5-year period taking the odd hit on the rates for a new emerging tech can be very lucrative.

Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

It definitely did not - very obviously AI written.

Comment

This it what it say if you ask it to keep the reply short and write like it was posting to an internet forum:

AI is totally shaking things up in the contracting world, especially in cool areas like data science and machine learning. But hold on a sec, it might not explode onto the scene as fast as some other tech stuff did. There are some tricky bits to figure out, like how complex AI projects can get, making sure the data is top-notch, dealing with ethical concerns, tailoring AI to fit specific needs, budget stuff, and getting folks up to speed with the skills. So, while AI is the bomb, it could take a bit before it's everywhere in contracting gigs. Just gotta let things cook and evolve a bit! ??

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                This it what it say if you ask it to keep the reply short and write like it was posting to an internet forum:

AI is totally shaking things up in the contracting world, especially in cool areas like data science and machine learning. But hold on a sec, it might not explode onto the scene as fast as some other tech stuff did. There are some tricky bits to figure out, like how complex AI projects can get, making sure the data is top-notch, dealing with ethical concerns, tailoring AI to fit specific needs, budget stuff, and getting folks up to speed with the skills. So, while AI is the bomb, it could take a bit before it's everywhere in contracting gigs. Just gotta let things cook and evolve a bit! ??
                see if it can do CUK/NLUK mode.... Must be trainable although you may need the paid for version.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

It definitely did not - very obviously AI written.
                  It's obvious if you've spent a few hours in front of ChatGPT. Most people would'nt have a clue.

Comment

I notice no-one called out the style until after you 'fessed up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I notice no-one called out the style until after you 'fessed up
                      I did think that was a lot of effort for a reply, compared to the normal lazy CUK standard

Comment

Working...
                      X