• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have a question regarrdin contracts inside and outside and IR35 insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

So the agency can't recover the money from the contractor's LTD Co, absent the dreaded indemnity clauses.
    We don't know that until court cases arrive...

Remember we only discovered what HMRC's preferred approach was because me and JamesBrown both went on an HMRC conference call for agencies and discovered what they were suggesting. I then followed it up with a call to the IR35 "helpline" that confirmed the advivce and why.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

Indeed. I was just thinking about possible pitfalls where one subcontracts purchase of insurance to a third party
      Oh yeah it's an interesting discussion for sure but for the OP it's irrelevant if he wants the gig
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can I just say Thank you to you all for the valuable input, I now have plenty to read up on

Has anyone worked for R C Fornax?

Comment

Originally posted by ayatollahofsausagerollah View Post
          Can I just say Thank you to you all for the valuable input, I now have plenty to read up on

Has anyone worked for R C Fornax?
          The people I know who deal with such things tell me that in 90% of such schemes the contracting out of everything to RC Fornax or similar isn't valid - they don't have financial responsibility for the final result so it's just a facade that HMRC will ignore..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ayatollahofsausagerollah View Post

I had a Stroke after 3 months of hunting it became apparent everything goes awesome till they meet you , So work from home it is really for me, You almost hide hence The contract gigs seem to be temp from home , You almost hide hence I can stay out of the way that way
            Sorry to hear that.
            Good on you for carrying on the job search in the face of some difficulties.

Comment

Working...
            X