• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor wisdom that you live by <one liners only>

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor wisdom that you live by <one liners only>

It would be useful to get some of the more experienced people lurking around here to share their knowledge. ( I am not one by far )

<one liners> are easy to read. Humor is a plus as it makes it enjoyable to read and easier to assimilate.

It seems that contracting is slowly becoming a dying breed(no surprise, writing was on the wall long time ago) as the employer class is trying to push more people further into the wage cage.(but if market does well, we all do well so we should encourage more sharing)

One that I find frequently applies:

"An agent with a role is like dog with a bone - if you do not hear about the role in the first 60s, there is no role"

Move to general please
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Move to general please
      <delete this and above>

How is this a post for general? It is serious advice combined with humour. General is the wasteland.

Are people set on whipping out forum?

Comment

Every day is bonus day.

The maxim of the braggart with zero social skills, a belief that £500 a day means they have won at life and no concept that their modest lifestyle has more to do with aggressive tax efficiencies than their own mediocre dev skills.

Rarely heard these days due to IR35 and HMRC's pursuit of brazen piss takers.
        Last edited by TheDude; 21 March 2023, 11:45.

Comment

"when someone has been on the forum for years, and has 0 rep, the chances are they are a tedious dribbling imbecile"

Have I got the hang of this?

And yeah it should be in general as it's not a professional discussion.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            "when someone has been on the forum for years, and has 0 rep, the chances are they are a tedious dribbling imbecile"

Have I got the hang of this?
            Nailed it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

GigiBronz - try again in General.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X