• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post

Has anyone got anything to say about Advance?
    At the minute, I’d say AVOID.

They restructured over a year ago and their parent’s parent company (hey, how many layers do you need?) has an SIC code of dormant. The confirmation statement and first set of accounts are due next week, maybe they will be a bit more transparent then.

Stick with someone like Lucy at Clarity Umbrella.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by gazelle View Post
      I've stuck with PayStream, seemed to have the lowest margins and have used them before.

Yes, it was a short deadline but they should've sent me the list sooner, the paperwork had to be in for sign off etc

As I mentioned before, the end client approves all the Umbrella's - at least that is what the agency are saying and to change Umbrella requires end client to approve and sign off.
      I'm with Paystream and never had an issue with them. Always pick up the phone quickly, follow up any let you know what's happening, really great service, better than I had expected.

It's my first umbrella assignment so can't comment on any previous brolly experience but I think Paystream are a safe bet.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

At the minute, I’d say AVOID.

They restructured over a year ago and their parent’s parent company (hey, how many layers do you need?) has an SIC code of dormant. The confirmation statement and first set of accounts are due next week, maybe they will be a bit more transparent then.

Stick with someone like Lucy at Clarity Umbrella.
        Thanks WTFH but it may never get that far.

Agent called me yesterday and sent me a job spec about a senior architect contract Inside IR35 12 months and higher than norrmal daily rate. I raised the question of Lucy's Clarity umbrella as I sent down my CV. Agent came back with Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post

Thanks WTFH but it may never get that far.

Agent called me yesterday and sent me a job spec about a senior architect contract Inside IR35 12 months and higher than norrmal daily rate. I raised the question of Lucy's Clarity umbrella as I sent down my CV. Agent came back with Advance.
          If the agency is only offering one umbrella, then who is the agency and what is their link to the umbrella?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            Paystream left me with £5k income tax bill.
            What happened there then please? I'm thinking of going with them.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If the agency is only offering one umbrella, then who is the agency and what is their link to the umbrella?
              i will never know. The architect enquiry came in on Wednesday. Today is Friday. The agent has not got back to me. Most likely I am not on the shortlist.

Comment

Working...
              X