• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazelle View Post
    Hi folks,

Just about to start new inside contract, have been given the following Umbrella choices:
    • Brookson
    • Amaze
    • Danbro
    • Datamatics
    • Giant
    • Parasol
    • Paystream
    • Sapphire
    • Workwell Solutions

I've used paystream before, just wondered if people think any of the above are a better choice?
    Needs to allow SIPP of your choice. Haven't been give much time to decide.
    Will have a look around as well, but would welcome any views.

Thanks,
    Parasol are very good, used them a few times. Oasis are also another I have used without issues. Would avoid Brookson, had no end of trouble with them.

Comment

Avoid Sapphire.

When I was "employed" by them, they changed the rules on how much I could contribute to a personal pension mid-contract and without notification. I had to pay hundreds of pounds of additional income tax and national insurance as a result.

They even admitted they were contradicting the information they had given me when I started with them.

And don't expect the FCSA to help you out either. They are just a fig leaf for this industry, and they were uncontactable via the details on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by avonleigh View Post

Parasol are very good, used them a few times. Oasis are also another I have used without issues. Would avoid Brookson, had no end of trouble with them.
        Parasol were hacked last year and tried to keep it quiet - I wouldn't be rushing to use them.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Parasol and SJDaccountancy are sister companies and share the same IT.

Comment

Danbro are probably the least worst of that list.

Hopefully you did actually take the advice above and at least contact Clarity to ask if they can approach the agency.

Dunno when you actually received the list but 24 hours isn't really sufficient for you to do your own due diligence.

Comment

I was also offered a contract recently that listed data leak kings Parasol as a "trusted partner"... your own research would probably lead you away from them
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Looks like the Lorien list. I'm with Paystream and have no complaints

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Looks like the Lorien list. I'm with Paystream and have no complaints
                  Lorien can’t have datamatics on their list - that makes zero sense.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by gazelle View Post
                    Hi folks,

Just about to start new inside contract, have been given the following Umbrella choices:
                    • Brookson
                    • Amaze
                    • Danbro
                    • Datamatics
                    • Giant
                    • Parasol
                    • Paystream
                    • Sapphire
                    • Workwell Solutions

I've used paystream before, just wondered if people think any of the above are a better choice?
                    Needs to allow SIPP of your choice. Haven't been give much time to decide.
                    Will have a look around as well, but would welcome any views.

Thanks,
                    Has anyone got anything to say about Advance? https://Nope-no-link.co.uk

Comment

I've stuck with PayStream, seemed to have the lowest margins and have used them before.

Yes, it was a short deadline but they should've sent me the list sooner, the paperwork had to be in for sign off etc

As I mentioned before, the end client approves all the Umbrella's - at least that is what the agency are saying and to change Umbrella requires end client to approve and sign off.

Comment

Working...
                      X