• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cost of living and day rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

get warm and endless coffee for free
    I prefer hot coffee, but whatever floats your boat

Comment

There does seem to be an almost fundamentalist view about not going to a client's office anymore from some. I do wonder what other industries never meet face to face with their clients from time to time.

Comment

the rates have climbed in my field with higher ones much more common and much easier to get nowadays. or maybe its me being more experienced and worth more? cant tell

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
          the rates have climbed in my field with higher ones much more common and much easier to get nowadays. or maybe its me being more experienced and worth more? cant tell
          Self delusion and habitual lying are more likely the reason.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
            There does seem to be an almost fundamentalist view about not going to a client's office anymore from some. I do wonder what other industries never meet face to face with their clients from time to time.
            I am required to be in the office for two days a week yet have had only one face to face meeting since I started in September - everything else is either on Skype or in Teams.

The guy who signs my timesheets told me when he speaks to recruiters their feedback is that the first thing techies want to know about a role is the hybrid working model - the day rate is the next topic of conversation.

Comment

When I was looking at perm positions a while back I remember some companies being uber proud to offer wfh 3 days a week, with the other 2 in the office of course. Works great if you live 6hrs away from the office

Comment

Working...
              X