• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are people's preferred job sites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    my network does the needful
    Do you revert?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

LinkedIn is useful for contract work, unless you disconnect from all your old contacts, annoy/sever your ties with the your old industry and don’t want to get in touch with anyone you worked with in the past with regards to future work.

But if you did a good job in the past and worked with some good contractors/permies in the past, then you might stay in touch with them, and they might be useful in getting you your next role.
      Never needed linked in for that though. In the past four years work (contract and perm) have been so easy to get work I have had to turn quite a bit down.
      So much so I also grew very fatigued of the industry I was in (highly bureaucratic) and needed a clean break. So far best decision I have made!

I suppose if I build my network again over time it may be useful who knows, but then LI (as of now) seems entirely redundant as opportunities are not difficult to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeCobbler View Post

Never needed linked in for that though. In the past four years work (contract and perm) have been so easy to get work I have had to turn quite a bit down.
        So much so I also grew very fatigued of the industry I was in (highly bureaucratic) and needed a clean break. So far best decision I have made!

I suppose if I build my network again over time it may be useful who knows, but then LI (as of now) seems entirely redundant as opportunities are not difficult to come by.
        Isn't it amazing what a bit of detail and context makes instead of just posting general comments which help no one. So now we've finally got this the answer changes considerably. So yes, in your very particular and rather unique situation LI is not going to be much use. I have to question your foresite and strategy though. To not spot you are in a unique situation and fail to see that LI has a place further down the line rather than just saying it's no good is a bit of a mistake on your part I'd say.

Maybe you've learned something now and can work forward with a longer term strategy of making LI the useful tool everyone has told you it is.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X