• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 scrapped ... is this for real?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

It was bad enough in the old days trying to get experienced contractors to understand the basics. We've got 2 years of contractors that have never had to give a thought to it to advise now. Maybe current way of doing it was the best way
    I think it absolutely was the best way.

Took me a little while, but once I realised it just put the permitractors where they needed to be, whilst protecting me from investigation/liability, I warmed to it somewhat. Mind you I've not been on the bench.

It also occurred to me that if I did end up with an inside role, I would have more take home pay than ever in my life and the company warchest, whilst not growing, was still there..

This new rule is all about decreasing costs to Kwasi/Truss's friends in big business.

Careful what you wish for...
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I think it absolutely was the best way.

Took me a little while, but once I realised it just put the permitractors where they needed to be, whilst protecting me from investigation/liability, I warmed to it somewhat. Mind you I've not been on the bench.

It also occurred to me that if I did end up with an inside role, I would have more take home pay than ever in my life and the company warchest, whilst not growing, was still there..

This new rule is all about decreasing costs to Kwasi/Truss's friends in big business.

Careful what you wish for...
      truth be told , althought I enjoyed lack of ir35 liability, certain parts of the market simply closed to my because of the changes and blanket bans. It did impact me and my career directly and I made less and paid less taxes as a result.
      Last edited by GitMaster69; 26 September 2022, 16:13.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post

truth be told , althought I enjoyed lack of ir35 liability, certain parts of the market simply closed to my because of the changes and blanket bans. It did impact me and my career directly and I made less and paid less taxes as a result.
        hopefully the new change will reverse that for you. But don't hold your breath. Times are about to become exciting.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

hopefully the new change will reverse that for you. But don't hold your breath. Times are about to become exciting.
          I can't wait for all the infractions and bans I've going to get when I get frustrated with some contractors total lack of understanding and zero willingness to try understand.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I can't wait for all the infractions and bans I've going to get when I get frustrated with some contractors total lack of understanding and zero willingness to try understand.
            And your zero willingless to try to explain I shall add ;-)

Comment

And your zero willingless to try to explain I shall add ;-)
              Oh you'll be surprised. One of the main reasons I haven't had a perma ban is because I do try and advise, just in a particularly rude (in the mods opinion) kind of way. I'd have been long gone if I was just plain rude. Very rarely I don't actually add somethign useful in my own kinda way.

I've even tried to be helpful to you in the past but looking at your Reputation I've probably given up bothering
              https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...ml#post2929345

Getting Reputation0 isn't easy on here and most of the people that tend to do it, particularly in less than 180 posts, are bellends.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 26 September 2022, 17:24.

Comment

Getting Reputation0 isn't easy on here and most of the people that tend to do it, particularly in less than 180 posts, are bellends.
                You keep mentioning that reputation0 (like third time?) as if it meant anything to anyone apart from yourself.

You should spend less time collecting internet points and, like, play with your kids or do something meaningful in life, perphaps? Take it as you want

Comment

You keep mentioning that reputation0 (like third time?) as if it meant anything to anyone apart from yourself.

You should spend less time collecting internet points and, like, play with your kids or do something meaningful in life, perphaps? Take it as you want
                  That's the kind of response we expect from rep0 posters that don't really deserve to be helped.

Comment

Don't worry about it. NLUK is a mere shadow of my original presence on here. Even the forum name was carefully chosen. And I did get banned for a short while (I claim extreme provocation...)

But it doesn't mean we aren't right in most of what we say (and Eek will soon correct us if we aren't).

You'll learn, in time.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Don't worry about it. NLUK is a mere shadow of my original presence on here. Even the forum name was carefully chosen. And I did get banned for a short while (I claim extreme provocation...)
                      So I've heard I did attempt to step out of your shadow and eclipse the master but just too much for me. I'll just be content being a toothless ankle biter jack Russell type.

But it doesn't mean we aren't right in most of what we say (and Eek will soon correct us if we aren't).

You'll learn, in time.
                      Most? I thought I was doing a little better than not right in most.. Close to be fair but I was hoping for a bit better than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X