• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 scrapped ... is this for real?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 scrapped ... is this for real?

https://www.contractorweekly.com/tax...y-of-tax-cuts/

Saw it here, this is getting interesting

https://www.ftadviser.com/your-indus...ed-from-april/

Comment

For real life

https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...pril_2023.html

The last five years were just a bad dream.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        For real life

https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...pril_2023.html

The last five years were just a bad dream.
        TBH totally honest ..... my euphoria has quickly evaporated. This country's financial state must be in an absolutely disastrous state for them to be resorting to these measures today. It's like the last throw of the dice. They appear to be giving all of the money to the rich by alleviating the tax they need to pay. How well did that turn out in 2009?

I have some friends in America who are convinced the sh1X is very close to hitting the fan there. All the debt abuse and kicking the can down the road is coming home to roost for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

tbh totally honest ..... My euphoria has quickly evaporated. This country's financial state must be in an absolutely disastrous state for them to be resorting to these measures today. It's like the last throw of the dice. They appear to be giving all of the money to the rich by alleviating the tax they need to pay. How well did that turn out in 2009?
          labour shortage!!!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wonderful news. The original source is published here: assets.publishing.service.gov.uk.

"4.20 Repealing off-payroll working reforms – The 2017 and 2021 reforms to the off-payroll working rules (also known as IR35) will be repealed from 6 April 2023. From this date, workers across the UK providing their services via an intermediary, such as a personal service company, will once again be responsible for determining their employment status and paying the appropriate amount of tax and NICs."

Comment

This is indeed wunderbar as our chirpy german friends call it but I’m very sceptical on how long this will last for in fact I will call this the start of the honeymoon period until the next general election in January 2025 and as we know labour haven’t been kind to us in the past.

Just a strong word of warning however to everyone who has shut down their limited companies to be extremely careful of phoenixing

Comment

Absolutely happy about the news,
                Finally we will be able to work for public sector again
                Lots of high paying London jobs might be outside again

totally stunned it happened but was long overdue, that ir35 was a sham and stunned UK's growth.

scrapping highest tax rate is a good decision too, might make permament route profitable again for some, rather than being forced to go contracting, and pay 10% effective rate

carrot rather than a stick!
                Last edited by GitMaster69; 26 September 2022, 12:03.

Comment

agree GitMaster69 am happy about the news, never expected it to happen!

Comment

Good news. I'm not following this much since I've got life stuff going on at the moment but I have 2 questions:

- is ir35 scrapped for public sector contracts too?
                    - if it is indeed scrapped for public sector contracts from April 2023, what happens to contracts started before that date? I'm starting a contract in PS in a few weeks and it's inside ir35; so what happens in this case? Does it stay inside until April 2023 and then at the first renewal it's not inside anymore?

Comment

Working...
                    X