• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liz Truss &IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

just because the client won't allow it?
    Wasn't an option when I started (1993) As I understand it, a risk lay with agency\client having to pay the taxes if contractor didn't pay them. So LTD company it was; which also was more tax efficient by a country mile back then.
    Last edited by gables; 17 October 2022, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

just because the client won't allow it?
      It's essentially not possible for agency workers or other employment businesses and, additionally, the supply chain above the self-employed person would be on the hook for taxes underpaid by the self-employed person, were they found to be more akin to an employee, and potentially for employment benefits too. Otherwise you'd see a relatively large number of contractors operating this way.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
        Jeremy Hunt has reversed the repeal of IR35.

Debt is not going to fall. It is going to increase for individual.

Don't be a contractor anymore in England :-(
        Already planning an exit, is it worth making a thread about where contractors can go or is it basically just America or Dubai?

Comment

Originally posted by data001 View Post

Already planning an exit, is it worth making a thread about where contractors can go or is it basically just America or Dubai?
          Contractors are free to go anywhere a client is willing to pay £150K PA for solid but unspectacular Java/C# developers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Contractors are free to go anywhere a client is willing to pay £150K PA for solid but unspectacular Java/C# developers.
            Eh?

Comment

On what basis are you entitled to live or work as a contractor in the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by ekim View Post
                On what basis are you entitled to live or work as a contractor in the USA?
                All I have at present is my UK passport

Comment

All I have at present is my UK passport
                  Which won't get you anywhere in Europe, USA or anywhere much, to live and work legally.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Which won't get you anywhere in Europe, USA or anywhere much, to live and work legally.
                    Yes, hence my question.... I don't know if this forum is the best place to ask about relocating to America, given the name...

Comment

Yes, hence my question.... I don't know if this forum is the best place to ask about relocating to America, given the name...
                      If you have (a lot of) money, there are ways to relocate to pretty much anywhere, the US included. If you don't, then having a UK passport means very little in itself. I mean, it's probably better than having a North Korean passport.

Comment

Working...
                      X