• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problem in deployment to France for temporary work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeroeng View Post

Client hasn't said anything yet
    They told me talk to my hiring agency if they will prepare a detached duty contract.

There are European umbrellas which I can enroll, but I think my hiring agency doesn't want to go through that route. They say being employed in France can be risky for me, for them and for client.

​​​​​​
    So the agency isn't capable/willing of delivering what the client wants.
    If I liked the client I would be making sure that they are aware that their agency aren't able to provide what is required.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

OP says they do have a right to work.

And on a pedantic note, you don't need an EU passport to work in the EU. A Schengen country's ID card will do (other IDs may also be valid)
      /pedant
      Just to be slightly more pedantic, a German residents ID card does not allow you to work in another EU country, only in the country where you are resident however if you are an EU citizen then you can work in any EU country. A lot of British people who moved or stayed in EU countries but only got residents permits have found out that they are basically stuck in that country...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My understanding is that as long as you are paid by the UK client and they're not acting as an intermediary for a French company then you can normally work up to 6 months without having to pay tax in France. However a problem here is that there seems to be an intention to exceed that, so I think legally you might be obliged to pay tax in France from day one. Once you exceed the six month limit it becomes complicated.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sorry for the delay, have been away. Happy to have a chat, see if I can help. Feel free to drop me a message.

Comment

Thanks all.

I need to switch my hiring agency to different one who can send me abroad with my current client so I can go ahead with payroll solution that I think viable otherwise currently hiring agency wants me to accept a fixed term contract with client(so leaving working for them temporarily ) or other option is to look for another job. I doubt their fixed rate contract will pay anywhere close what I am currently earning.

Comment

Working...
            X