• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is supposed to pay for Qdos assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is supposed to pay for Qdos assessment

I have secured the new contract through the agency and it is outside IR35.

The agency has asked me to pay for the assessment fees on the Qdos site. Is this a normal practice ? Just wondering if agency needs to cover the cost ?
    Last edited by sdyson31; 18 May 2022, 09:41.

Yes it is, I always pay for an assessment, usually despite the agent’s protest that everything was above board.

It’s interesting that agencies actually ask for one these days.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You are protecting yourself with a review so why wouldn't you pay?

Same comment as Cojaks though. If you've been given an SDS before you start why do they want you to check the contract?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Yes it is, I always pay for an assessment, usually despite the agent’s protest that everything was above board.

It’s interesting that agencies actually ask for one these days.
        Agencies prefer all costs to come from other sources. Hence they ask for you to pay the QDOS assessment costs because they don't want and it adds £100 or so to their bottom line.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You are protecting yourself with a review so why wouldn't you pay?

Same comment as Cojaks though. If you've been given an SDS before you start why do they want you to check the contract?
          It's already been done as part of their own DD, they just want it paying for.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

It's already been done as part of their own DD, they just want it paying for.
            Not necessarily - but as part of their Due Diligence they may decide to treat the contract as inside unless you pay the QDOS assessment costs

Comment

It's a bit naughty to be fair. The onus is on the end client to do an IR35 assessment and provide an SDS unless the company is an SME.

It also probably breaches the Agency regs on charging fees to Workseekers.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                It's a bit naughty to be fair. The onus is on the end client to do an IR35 assessment and provide an SDS unless the company is an SME.

It also probably breaches the Agency regs on charging fees to Workseekers.
                Not really if the person paying for it ends up being outside IR35 as their company is paying for it.

Where Agency regs could be an issue is if the agency insists on the assessment being paid for and the worker ending up being inside IR35.

I'm also fairly sure we've had this discussion in the past when we probably argued the opposite points - so we are both mellowing over time.

Comment

Working...
                X