• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working on 2 SC cleared contract on same time [weekday and weekend (support)]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on 2 SC cleared contract on same time [weekday and weekend (support)]

I am on SC cleared contract and is approached by an ex-employer to do some support (sc cleared) . Is that legal to accept and work on both contract

Do you think it might be a criminal offence?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bimal View Post
      I am on SC cleared contract and is approached by an ex-employer to do some support (sc cleared) . Is that legal to accept and work on both contract
      sure it's legal, but if company B want to check your SC clearance they'll have to talk to the vetting team at company A. How will that work out for you?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hmmm, should I do this thing that is contrary to the honesty/transparency that SC requires (assuming you mean double-billing for the same time)?

I'm going to go with "no", don't be a muppet.

Comment

Read your first contract and see what it says about your working hours.

If the times client B wants you don't clash then go for it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            I'm going to go with "no", don't be a muppet.
            That would be my default answer as well. If you have to ask a question like that and then have to use the 'is it legal' line then you are really going to struggle with the nuances of actually doing it.

You also won't be cleared to work on the old client as your SC will have been transfered to your new one so you are gonna have to tell everyone whats going on to get the clearance sorted. I'm pretty sure your client won't like it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the men in black ask if you have been moonlighting simply say that you are not authorised to divulge that information.

They will appreciate that and probably bump you to DV.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That would be my default answer as well. If you have to ask a question like that and then have to use the 'is it legal' line then you are really going to struggle with the nuances of actually doing it.

You also won't be cleared to work on the old client as your SC will have been transfered to your new one so you are gonna have to tell everyone whats going on to get the clearance sorted. I'm pretty sure your client won't like it.
                not necessarily true.

Often a company will simply check with the vetting people that you have a valid SC. This is common where a consultant might be working for multiple companies who require clearance. In the OPs case, assuming he's honest, there would be no transfer.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X